Home Cigar 101

Heat Sealer suggestions

dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
I want to get a heat sealer so I can split my shipping baggys up and isolate the water pillow so its not all over the bag during shipping.

Ive looked all over and im confused as to which is worth its weight for the price. Im seeing from 2 dollars on amazon to 85 dollars locally. Anybody have a good suggestion?

Aj

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Small boveda packs...they cost the same as the pillows
    Money can't buy taste
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Small boveda packs...they cost the same as the pillows
    just looked at the 8 gram 69%'s... loved em! but i still like how the heat sealer seperates... Its all Mikes fault for being so classy.

Aj
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    I want to get a heat sealer so I can split my shipping baggys up and isolate the water pillow so its not all over the bag during shipping.

Ive looked all over and im confused as to which is worth its weight for the price. Im seeing from 2 dollars on amazon to 85 dollars locally. Anybody have a good suggestion?

Aj
    You want something like this???

You can buy them like that, with the "dividers" already there. Not sure where MVW (& others) have bought them from though .... (maybe send him a PM?)
    Or try a google search for "Finger Cigar Bags" ....
    Look through the first couple search results and you'll find links to sources.

I mean it would probably be cheaper to make your own with regular old ziplocs .... but IDK how much of a hassle that would be ..... no idea about heat guns, I'd say go with a cheaper model (thinking something from Harbor Freight would work) especially if you're only using it for this project.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    You want something like this???

You can buy them like that, with the "dividers" already there. Not sure where MVW (& others) have bought them from though .... (maybe send him a PM?)
    Or try a google search for "Finger Cigar Bags" ....
    Look through the first couple search results and you'll find links to sources.

I mean it would probably be cheaper to make your own with regular old ziplocs .... but IDK how much of a hassle that would be ..... no idea about heat guns, I'd say go with a cheaper model (thinking something from Harbor Freight would work) especially if you're only using it for this project.
    i think I still have the link if you want it
    Money can't buy taste
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    nah i bought a cheap heat sealer from amazon, piece of cake to make finger bags, or to make any kind of special bag. was worth every bit of 9 dollars. but thanks guys!

Aj