Home Cigar 101

box or humidor

so do you keep your cigars in the box they come in (a 25 count) or move them to the humidor?

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I put the box inside of my wineador or Coolidor, so in this case I do both. But it only works if you have the space inside your "humi" to do so.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having regular humidors, I usually split the box between my smoking humidor and the one I keep for aging cigars. I keep my humidors on book shelves in my den. I'm not sure where I would keep a coolidore.

After I win the lottery, I'm going to get one of those large cabinet humidors with an automatic humidifier. That will go in my office!

• New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    Having regular humidors, I usually split the box between my smoking humidor and the one I keep for aging cigars. I keep my humidors on book shelves in my den. I'm not sure where I would keep a coolidore.

After I win the lottery, I'm going to get one of those large cabinet humidors with an automatic humidifier. That will go in my office!

Can I have one too, when you win the lottery?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    cou9ar:
     so do you keep your cigars in the box they come in (a 25 count) or move them to the humidor?
    boxes are not "acting humidors"

all cigars go into the humidor weather they are in the box still or not.
  • So how about if the box is a cedar can I humidifi that? on a side note I did learn that the analog brass (fancy) is a P.O.S. my wrappers started peeling off when it told me the humidy was right , I straight up ordered a digital model
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've given us very little information to go on. I assume you have a box of cigars and I assume you have a humidor but that is very little info. We don't know what type of humidification device you are using. We don't know if you are experienced at all in maintaining cigars. We can help you and we truly want your cigars to thrive but you have to tell us what's going on. Have you seasoned your humidor? What type of humidification device are you using? You seem to really want to use the cigar box as a humidor and that doesn't usually work. You could put a boveda pack inside the box and cross your fingers but I wouldn't fully trust that that would work. Tell us more about your experiences with cigars so far, and your situation with these cigars.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    cou9ar:
    So how about if the box is a cedar can I humidifi that? on a side note I did learn that the analog brass (fancy) is a P.O.S. my wrappers started peeling off when it told me the humidy was right , I straight up ordered a digital model
    Having a good seal is as important as the type of material it's made of. You can store cigars in boxes IN some kind of humidor (cabinet, coolidor, etc) but I wouldn't just leave the boxes out.
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    The box in which cigars come in cannot be used as a humidor. It does not have a good enough seal to keep humidity in. You have to either put the whole box with the cigars in your humidor or remove the cigars from the box and put the cigars in your humidor. My humidor isn't large enough for me to put the whole box with the cigars in it so i remove only put the cigars in my humidor.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I have tossed the whole box inside a ziplock and dropped 1 or 2 bovedas in. this will work for a TEMPORARY solution until you can either provide the space in your humidor/coolerdor/jar-o-dore/tupperdore where the humidity and temp are consistent and monitored.

Aj
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    You've gotten good answers...cigar boxes are just the carrier for your purchase until you get home to put it in your regular humidor...or you can wrap them up or not wrap em up and put them in a tupperador or coolerador.