Home Non Cigar Related

Dr Who?

EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone going to watchtower tonight? Trying to avoid spoilers as I have tickets for the 3D version on the big screen on Monday.
-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Going nowhere...but watching the 50th here soon
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Going to see the 50th tonight for my wifes birthday. Should be a ton of fun.
    Just watched the 50th last night...amazing I must say!
    Holy cow the 50th was amazing!!!!
    I told ou...see...right up there!? We just went over this
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a little disappointed. The story line was great, the plot interesting but I thought the writing was just mediocre and David Tenet, an amazing actor I think, was a little flat. Of course I'd see it again, though, because it is Dr. Who, after all!
    Echambers:
    I was a little disappointed. The story line was great, the plot interesting but I thought the writing was just mediocre and David Tenet, an amazing actor I think, was a little flat. Of course I'd see it again, though, because it is Dr. Who, after all!
    As far as the newer series goes, I was actually a 9 fan (ok, and a Rose fan)....I really liked Tennet....Im Ok with Smith, but I could do without him.
    New Boots:
    Echambers:
    As far as the newer series goes, I was actually a 9 fan (ok, and a Rose fan)....I really liked Tennet....Im Ok with Smith, but I could do without him.
    Truth, Rose Tyler was hot. Smith isn't bad it's just that Tennet set the bar so high.

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    New Boots:
    Echambers:
    Truth, Rose Tyler was hot. Smith isn't bad it's just that Tennet set the bar so high.

I completely agree! Tennet is my personal favorite Doctor with Tom Baker as a close second.
    I thought bringing John Hurt in as the unknown Doctor responsible for the destruction of Gallifrey really brought the story full circle. The final scene with all of the Doctor's gazing at the universe was a brilliant move.
    Smith is like the Doctor with Aspergers. Tennet was a little out there, but was just amazing in every episode. Though I would have hated to go one on one with an immortal, 2 hearted doctor over my love for Rose.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Echambers:
    I think that's why I was a little disappointed in Tenet's performance. Generally he is spot on but not in the 50th I thought. Of course I wanted to Tenet with Amy Pond.
    Echambers:
    New Boots:
    Echambers:
    I think that's why I was a little disappointed in Tenet's performance. Generally he is spot on but not in the 50th I thought. Of course I wanted to Tenet with Amy Pond.
    I want to do a lot of things with Amy Pond!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    now that i am all caught up i can join this thread.
    New Boots:
    Smith is like the Doctor with Aspergers. Tennet was a little out there, but was just amazing in every episode. Though I would have hated to go one on one with an immortal, 2 hearted doctor over my love for Rose.
    people with Aspergers dont act ANYTHING like smith does.

if he was acting that way he would not be self confident in any way shape or form, he would have difficulty with languages, he would have a hard time interacting with anyone and would be near unable to make friends ever.

he actually acts like a child.
    ... a hyper intelligent, time traveling, thousand year old child that has done something wrong and is running away from mom so he doesnt have to face his actions. and if you look at it in that light, he is actually playing the part very well.

i know ill take some flack but ill say it anyway: Smith is my favorite Doctor. the way he plays his appetite for new and beautiful things is wonderful. In the episode "dinosaurs on an spaceship" it is seen when the dinos are first seen. everyone else is freaking out and he has this big goofy grin on his face. He is looking for fun while he is running and his past is catching up. and he plays that very well.
    kuzi16:
    now that i am all caught up i can join this thread.
    New Boots:
    people with Aspergers dont act ANYTHING like smith does.

if he was acting that way he would not be self confident in any way shape or form, he would have difficulty with languages, he would have a hard time interacting with anyone and would be near unable to make friends ever.

he actually acts like a child.
    ... a hyper intelligent, time traveling, thousand year old child that has done something wrong and is running away from mom so he doesnt have to face his actions. and if you look at it in that light, he is actually playing the part very well.

i know ill take some flack but ill say it anyway: Smith is my favorite Doctor. the way he plays his appetite for new and beautiful things is wonderful. In the episode "dinosaurs on an spaceship" it is seen when the dinos are first seen. everyone else is freaking out and he has this big goofy grin on his face. He is looking for fun while he is running and his past is catching up. and he plays that very well.
    Well, that depends on what end of the spectrum he's on. Being on the "High Functioning" end of the spectrum, he would be looking for friends and social interaction, though generally not be sure on how to go about it. He may even come upon many fascinations going at the same time.

Fun fact of the day: As of 1 Jan 14 Aspergers is no longer a thing: It's now folded into Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)