Home Cigar 101

RH 59%

Ok so I bought a humidor about a month ago. I seasoned it etc.. for the first two weeks it stayed between 68-72. However it dropped to 59% so I figured the humidifier needed some water. I filled up the humidifier and for 2 days it stayed at like 75% and then began to fall. Well it went right back to 59%. Should I recharge the humidifier? If so is that typical to refill it every 2 weeks? It's only a 25 cigar humidor, so it's pretty small.

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    What is the humidifier?
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Save the aggrivation and get beads....but then again depending on the size of the humi. I got beads in my humis. and don't have any humidity problems
  • BFGarnerBFGarner Posts: 96
    madurofan:
    What is the humidifier?
    Western Torpedo I think I will go get some beads.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Did you recently put a bunch of "Fresh" cigars in it? That might cause the sudden drop in RH. One other thing I noticed with my humi is to give it a month with nothing but sponges and distilled water, than slowly add your cigars in blocks of 5 per day. You might have better luck that way. Even so, keep an eye on it, and refill as often as needed. it took a long time, but mine finally settled down.
    gotcha thnanks for the help
    thats right you'v told me this before. I think you did just add a few stick recently. I'd stick an extra bowl of water in their and let everythign stabilize or get beads to go along with the torpedo.
    Madurofan shot glass ok?
    Yep
    BFGarner:
    Madurofan shot glass ok?
    I'll take one too. Patron, please :P
    Since you're already getting that shot poured for Smoke I'll take one too! Anejo or Silver?
    Ill see what I can do. Anejo
    We really should have a ccom forum get together. ccom should host it or something!
    madurofan:
    We really should have a ccom forum get together. ccom should host it or something!
    Oh man, would that be great! Anejo, and a comped plane ticket from C.com to the 1st Annual "Up in Smoke". Hmmm, maybe it should be in the UPer; kind of fitting ;)
    Heck yea! ... where is svenson when you need him! We really should try to plan a get together sometime.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    where is a central location? thats the big thing.
    all of us are from all over the country, travel is very expensive recently. im all for it but if i have to pay a few humdred bucks to get there... im out.

... oh, and not in detroit... that town has it out for me.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    where is a central location? thats the big thing.
    all of us are from all over the country, travel is very expensive recently. im all for it but if i have to pay a few humdred bucks to get there... im out.

... oh, and not in detroit... that town has it out for me.
    hey kuzi I spent a week in Detroit one afternoon...not my favorite city either.. sorry I don't mean to offend anyone from the motor city . or as KISS says Detroit Rock City !!
    i love KISS and the Nuge' but the town itself has ...issues
    Hehe...my first concert was Ted Nugent during his Gonzo tour back in 78 :D Good times that :)
    kuzi16:
    i love KISS and the Nuge' but the town itself has ...issues
    funny, now that i think of it, i saw them both together in 2000...
    I have seen Ted several times and my absolute favorite song of his is Stranglehold.. It inspired me to learn how to play guitar. I spent three weeks learning that one song..and can play it note for note.. He was in concert a few nights ago at a local Ribfest near me. Didn't get out there but someone I know said he kicked it..as usual.
    yeah... ya know what pissed me off when i saw him? ...didnt play stranglehold.

BAH!!!
    kuzi16:

BAH!!!
    You were robbed...I'd go see him again soon >.>
    Smoke=Fire:
    kuzi16:

BAH!!!
    You were robbed...I'd go see him again soon >.>
    I read where he said there are three songs he will always play.. He refers to them as his children and his favorite songs. Great White Buffalo, ( for Urbino ) Cat scratch Fever, and Stranglehold. I guess he had a time frame to meet..
    he did play the other two.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    kaspera79:
    Great White Buffalo, ( for Urbino )
    I'm waving my torch lighter in the air. (Though I'm not a Nugent fan.)
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    Ted reminds me of my wilder youth.. When you "mature " you listen to more mellow bluesy jazzy stuff, I have heard ... what is the name they use Adult Contemporary...... Didn't you post one time something about Cat Power.. I saw her/them on Letterman a while back not bad at all.. A very unique voice on Cat. My musical tastes are wide reaching..I listen to everything..
    kaspera79:
    Didn't you post one time something about Cat Power.. I saw her/them on Letterman a while back not bad at all.. A very unique voice on Cat. My musical tastes are wide reaching..I listen to everything..
    I did. Such a memory! She does have a very unique voice. Sometimes I like it, sometimes not so much. I listen to lots of different stuff, too. My favorite band is Wilco, which, as a Chicagoan, you'll probably appreciate.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    Ted reminds me of my wilder youth.. When you "mature " you listen to more mellow bluesy jazzy stuff, I have heard ... what is the name they use Adult Contemporary.
    According to a trusted source, as you get older you're supposed to embrace the Sting catalog and burn 47 pound Sandlewood scented candles with your non-gender specific co-habitator all while talking about feelings and such.
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    Didn't you post one time something about Cat Power.. I saw her/them on Letterman a while back not bad at all.. A very unique voice on Cat. My musical tastes are wide reaching..I listen to everything..
    I did. Such a memory! She does have a very unique voice. Sometimes I like it, sometimes not so much. I listen to lots of different stuff, too. My favorite band is Wilco, which, as a Chicagoan, you'll probably appreciate.
    Sure do, local talent that loves to play for the chicago fans that got them noticed.. They play a lot of small venue shows throughout the year and they always pack the place..
    I knew Tweedy did a lot of solo shows in small venues. Didn't know the full band did. That's very cool. And makes me very jealous. I've seen them twice, here.

Son Volt was pretty good while it lasted, too. And Farrar has done some good solo albums. The reconstituted Son Volt, though, hasn't done much for me, so far.