Home General Discussion

Needs a new home

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anybody got a wife that collects dolls? My wife wants to get rid of this one. It's a porcelain Royal Vienna. Comes with it's own hand made wicker stroller. Supposed to be valuable so I didn't want to give it to Goodwill.imageimageimage

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a grand daughter that would love it.
    PS Just looked up her baby pictures....it even looks like her.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Creepy... those lifeless blue eyes see right through you.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    allsmokedup:

Its the spice...
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    macs-smokes:
    allsmokedup:

Its the spice...
    The spice must flow!
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    It expands consciousness.....
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always freaked out my daughter and after my wife watched The Conjouring it freaks her out now:) How old is your Grand Daughter JD? It's not really one to be played with. It's a bit on the fragile side.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That doll looks like it's about to bust out crying.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

It's a very pretty doll. I hate to part with it. But it just takes up space. And I didn't want to chance it winding up in hands that won't appreciate it. We've had her for about 10 years.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    These dolls can fetch as much as a few hundred dollars depending on what condition they are in. My mother used to collect them and paid hundreds for hers. You might want to let a collector take a peek at it before you cut it loose...could be worth more than you think esp. as old as it is.
    Rhamlin:
    It's always freaked out my daughter and after my wife watched The Conjouring it freaks her out now:) How old is your Grand Daughter JD? It's not really one to be played with. It's a bit on the fragile side.
    Check you PM.
    Cigary:
    These dolls can fetch as much as a few hundred dollars depending on what condition they are in. My mother used to collect them and paid hundreds for hers. You might want to let a collector take a peek at it before you cut it loose...could be worth more than you think esp. as old as it is.
    I'll look into that. Thanks Cigary.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry man, but that thing is creepy
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    rsherman24:
    Sorry man, but that thing is creepy
    That's what my take was when I saw my Moms collection...she had about 20 of those things and those eyes look right through you...really weird but that is the selling point along with them being porcelain that people love. The features and the eyes....if you can grab the older ones in pristine condition....the trade off for cigars will make you a huge fan..could probably score boxes of good cigars for what one doll could go for.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to respect that, but just saying . . .I am out. Good luck though, sounds like it may be worth some good money
    Just showed the photos to my wife...since you have the chair (that usually goes first) and they are both in such good condition, depending on age and markings, you may be looking at more then one box of cigars. I would definitely do some checking.....
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    macs-smokes:
    allsmokedup:

Its the spice...
    The spice must flow!
    This made my holiday weekend.

That and the doll. It reminded me of trips to grandma's house. She collected and kept the homemade candy in with the doll collection when we came over for Thanksgiving. All those eyes staring out at you when you wanted some fudge helped to control your sweet tooth.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Good info brothers, I haven't had time to do any real checking on it yet. But she is in perfect cond. my wife picked her up at an estate sale. Many moons ago. I should probably look under her clothes for some more info besides what the tag shows.