Home Non Cigar Related
Options

The end has come

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
After a long struggle with colon cancer my Father has succumbed. He lived a long fruitful life but those last 4 months were miserable. He had a firm belief in our God and was faithful to the end. The disease stole the last few months from him through pain and dementia. He has been laid to rest in the Jacksonville National Cemetery with honors in a solemn and moving ceremony. The diligence and order of purpose of the Honor Guard as they carried out their duties and the blowing of Taps was striking and something I will always remember. His service in WWII and the thanks of a grateful nation have allowed him to be placed among the honored servants of this land. A final salute to my Pop.

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    My prayers are with you and yours.
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers with you and family.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I am sorry to hear this sad news.. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    my condolences.
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts are with you and yours. My granddad recently passed and he served in ww2 as well. One of the men that stormed the beaches of Normandy. They truly were the Greatest Generation.
  • Options
    The_PhantomThe_Phantom Posts: 51
    My deepest Condolences to you and your family. May it give you comfort that he's now at peace. You must be proud, that your Father was laid to rest with such honors.
  • Options
    11rocket1111rocket11 Posts: 138
    I am sorry for you loss
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry for your loss! prayers sent
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss, your family will be in my prayers
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    My deepest and most heartfelt condolences, brother. I'll add you and your family to my prayers.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    so very sorry for your loss
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I'm sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and your family
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    My condolences losing a dad is as hard as it gets.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I'm sorry for your loss, God bless
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss. It sounds like he was able to live a long and full life. Your and your family will be in my prayers tonight
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sorry for your loss, I know it was a long struggle for him, and thus for you. Stay strong.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am reminded of how thankful I am for old warriors. God bless your father and family.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bless you and your family and you all will be in our prayers. His suffering is over, try to let that be some comfort for you.

• Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Condolences brother.
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Its a tough thing to loose a Father or Mother.
    Time does heal some of the pain.
    Be strong and bless you and yours.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deepest condolences, my friend. Be assured that he's now in a better place and without pain.