Home Non Cigar Related

How many of you guys live near Jackson, TN..?

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
I live in Bradford, and it is about a 45 min drive to Jackson. Also someone said there is a cigar friendly pub in Jackson...what is it called..?

Comments

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    There's some lounge/b&M there that I've heard about. I'll check on the name. Thankfully, I've got lots of places in Memphis I can/could go. A great lounge two minutes from work and a great cigar bar five minutes from home. But have considered heading to Jackson for a herf at some point even though Memphis has more options.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went through Bradford twice today, meant to stop at Ye Olde Pipe Shop in Jackson, but ran short of time. I've been meaning to check it out for some time, but have not as of yet.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm close enough. I try and stop in at ye ol pipe shop too when i'm in town and when they're open. It's just a tiny little shop for such a big (relatively big) city. It's the only one I know of. There are plenty of "cigarette tobacco" stores that may have a small cigar selection but I never tried any of those. The shop has been there as long as I can remember. They've got a few chairs and a sofa, a few shelves and counters and a walk-in humidor that gets crowded when more than one guy is in there. Nice enough selection and pricing. And they've been friendly and helpful. There may be a bar or something that is cigar friendly on occasion (Red Bones?). I would definitely like to herf in Jackson or somewhere close even if it's just a few of us :)
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    I'm close enough. I try and stop in at ye ol pipe shop too when i'm in town and when they're open. It's just a tiny little shop for such a big (relatively big) city. It's the only one I know of. There are plenty of "cigarette tobacco" stores that may have a small cigar selection but I never tried any of those. The shop has been there as long as I can remember. They've got a few chairs and a sofa, a few shelves and counters and a walk-in humidor that gets crowded when more than one guy is in there. Nice enough selection and pricing. And they've been friendly and helpful. There may be a bar or something that is cigar friendly on occasion (Red Bones?). I would definitely like to herf in Jackson or somewhere close even if it's just a few of us :)

I will give Ye Old Pipe Shop a call later and see if there is a place.
    jd50ae:
    Bob Luken:

I will give Ye Old Pipe Shop a call later and see if there is a place.
    I was thinking the same thing. And we could call redbones. I looked at redbones website and at the very least they have a large covered open-air patio.
    I called Redbones and they said smoking is allowed and pretty common out on their patio and they could set up tables together if there was a large enough group in attendance. Sounded like they have some awnings in place and some heaters to keep it comfortable. Ye olde pipe shoppe is very close to Redbone's. You could actually walk between them.

Redbone’s Grill & Bar

Redbone's photo Redbonespatio2-980x400_zps9063c155.jpg
    Bob Luken:
    I called Redbones and they said smoking is allowed and pretty common out on their patio and they could set up tables together if there was a large enough group in attendance. Sounded like they have some awnings in place and some heaters to keep it comfortable. Ye olde pipe shoppe is very close to Redbone's. You could actually walk between them.

Redbone’s Grill & Bar

Redbone's photo Redbonespatio2-980x400_zps9063c155.jpg

You the man.....
    I guess we will have to go and be cigar smoking ice cycles because to quote "not that I know of" is the answer from Ye Olde Pipe Shop.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is sounding good. Next few weeks are hectic, but sounds promising. Martel annd Mmccartney showed some interesr as well, keep me in the loop if y'all do something.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Sounds like we got a herf brewing. We'll definitely keep you posted and we'll spread the word too to see if anybody else wants to come. I'm going to check out a few more options but Redbones might be the best spot.
  • BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    Just saw this and you guys can count me in .
    For me it will have to be after the 2nd Wednesday of the month. And I got me a Herf-A-Dor.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    With enough notice, I could probably make it. Just keep me posted!
    Tyler, Matt. It's great to hear interest from you both on this. We should definitely start talking about this more and see if more people join in.

My next thought/question is do you guys want this to be a one day or two day gathering. I'd like to hear the general consensus from all of you who are interested. As for me, at this point I can easily commit to a day trip on almost any Saturday OR Sunday, but with a little bit of advanced planning I could do a Sat and Sun both. And how much advance notice do you guys need? A month? Two months? More? Speak up please. Is mid February too early to consider?
    We need everybody's $0.02 on these plans.