Home Non Cigar Related

How do you relax?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
At work on a break... I can't smoke on my breaks. So just lookin for input. I was meditating for about 8 months then I lost my quiet place. Having a hard time centering myself nowadays.
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spend a lot of my day dealing with data or reading and writing technical stuff so when I need to relax I spend ten or fifteen minutes reading some mystery type books like David Baldicci or something. Something anyway that puts my head in a different place for a while. We also have a massage therapist that's comes to our office and does fifteen minute chair massages for $15.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Just wondering if that comes with a happy ending too? Oh and as for the relaxation. I take a walk for a few blocks and clear my head. Works wonders for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Exercise usually does the trick for me.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinkin I might take up meditation again and maybe some thi chi. With the weather hear walking can be rather a soaking situation. Lol
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Revert into my inner mind and block the world out. It takes a little practice but it can be done. Simply relax one muscle at a time, starting at your feet and slowly move up until you hear and see nothing. Self hypnosis would be the correct term but I use this state of mind as a Spiritual State. This is my meditation, it can be adapted as you wish. Hope this helps.
  • I swear by yoga. If you keep a mat nearby I'm sure you could YouTube some 10 minute videos until you get familiar with a range of poses.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use breathing techniques to meditate.
    Car Ramrod:
    I swear by yoga. If you keep a mat nearby I'm sure you could YouTube some 10 minute videos until you get familiar with a range of poses.

You made my day!!!! Your screen name is the S**T!!!! Car Ramrod!

back on topic yeah in searching for some YouTube videos I can use right now. :)
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drink
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Drink
    lmao I think he said while at work. Hopefully he doesn't operate heavy machinery
    No I work at a bank....posting errors left and right if I drink!!!
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Drink
    If only I could do that at work....
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I relax at work??
    I call in sick.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Theres no better way to relax than a Hot Tub!!!! Hot Tub and a cigar and a cocktail,AHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Puzzles... crossword Sudoku Othello...doesn't matter... even candy crush. Or I focus on a problem or project for home.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    How do I relax at work??
    I call in sick.
    Yesss

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Right here on the cigar forums, checking to see what everybody else is doing, thinking, and smoking.
  • LiquidChaos66:
    Car Ramrod:
    I swear by yoga. If you keep a mat nearby I'm sure you could YouTube some 10 minute videos until you get familiar with a range of poses.

You made my day!!!! Your screen name is the S**T!!!! Car Ramrod!

back on topic yeah in searching for some YouTube videos I can use right now. :)
    lol thanks. You could also let off some steam playing "cat game", meow.
    Yeah i have a few clients that would appreciate that. lol Sadly most of the wouldnt :(