Home Ratings & Reviews

I have been smoking an "Ancient Warrior" for about 3 hours now....

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
...and it is only half over. Stays lit with a great ash. Surprisingly mild but with a lot of smoke. Easy draw and good flavor. This is a Gurkha, right..?

Want to put it down and get ready for bed but I am afraid it will suck out all the air in the universe...

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    8.5 x 52 is not little boy.

id be bored out of my mind at that pont.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Thank you for saving the universe.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PAtoNH:

Least I could do, after all, I picked it up.

But I am still surprised at how good a smoke it was, I mean, its a Gurkha and every Gurkha I have smoked has been a disappointment.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    My wife gave me a LFD DL 700. At 6.5 x 60, I'm expecting to not even attempt it until the weather gets a lot warmer. I tried to emphasize to her that I liked smaller stuff...oh well, she saw I didn't have any large smokes and wanted to get me one to try. Now, she can't complain when I take that long to smoke it. And I told her I liked the chisel or chiselito...
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note to self: JD likes Gurkha - Ancient Warriors ;)
    Bob Luken:
    Note to self: JD likes Gurkha - Ancient Warriors ;)
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Glad you enjoyed it. It's had rest for about 1 year and 3 months.
    allsmokedup:
    Glad you enjoyed it. It's had rest for about 1 year and 3 months.

1 year and 3 months is about how long it takes me to finish a bottle of Scotch, perfect timing.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lolol! I always wondered if anyone smoked those and how long they last
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Wanna find out for yourself?
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    PAtoNH:

Been meaning to ask: That time you picked up the universe, where did you stand?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

webmost:
    jd50ae:
    PAtoNH:

Been meaning to ask: That time you picked up the universe, where did you stand?

Oh for pity's sake...I picked up the cigar....it was attached to the universe.

Gray4lines:

It ended up being over 4 hours and it was a total pleasure all the way.
    allsmokedup:
    I've actually always wanted to try one. What kind of wrapper is on them? I remember being interested in them, and I actually think the size is pretty cool.
    jd50ae:
    Gray4lines:

It ended up being over 4 hours and it was a total pleasure all the way.
    I'm glad it was good! That is one monster stick though.
    Gray4lines:
    allsmokedup:
    I've actually always wanted to try one. What kind of wrapper is on them? I remember being interested in them, and I actually think the size is pretty cool.

Plan a long afternoon in a quiet place and cool weather, when you are just relaxing and reflecting on good things. I kept putting it down for longer and longer periods and it never failed to stay lit. Since I am now forewarned I will plan, the next time, a long sit on the porch with my outside dogs and a really big ice tea. It will be one of life's better moments.
    I moved too slow...10 just went for $33 and change on Sprint....$65 regular price.
    jd50ae:
    I moved too slow...10 just went for $33 and change on Sprint....$65 regular price.
    I've seen em go in the low $20's No worries
    Gray4lines:
    jd50ae:

maduro wrapper, PM your address for a sample!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've smoked two and yeah they last some time. I thought it was a decent smoke, just too long for me (hehe). One thing I've found is that cigars over 1.5 hours are rough for me to smoke. Maybe I just need to hang around more cigar smokers or something.
    phobicsquirrel:
    I've smoked two and yeah they last some time. I thought it was a decent smoke, just too long for me (hehe). One thing I've found is that cigars over 1.5 hours are rough for me to smoke. Maybe I just need to hang around more cigar smokers or something.

<br. The next one I smoke will be planned around a long day.
    allsmokedup:
    Gray4lines:
    jd50ae:

maduro wrapper, PM your address for a sample!
    Sent!