Home Non Cigar Related

great dane

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Anyone ever had one? I'm in the dog market, and am thinking a great dane.

Comments

• JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    My friends have two and omg are they crazy and the size of a mini horse.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You absolutely have to check the lineage of any Great Dane you look at, they are very prone to bone problems. Other then that, they can be very loyal, protective and completely bonkers. They will consider any sofa theirs. Good luck.
    JSaint:
    Rain:
    My friends have two and omg are they crazy and the size of a mini horse.

Those are small....trust me.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I have a pure blood fawn dane. Great dog, rather large...but, as has been said, extremely protective. He's about 2, still a pup in the mind. Has no idea how large he is. Were finally getting him to calm down a bit, and he's starting to respond to commands better. They are fantastic dogs. Just remember, anything on the kitchen counter or lower, is in their domain.
    New Boots:
    I have a pure blood fawn dane. Great dog, rather large...but, as has been said, extremely protective. He's about 2, still a pup in the mind. Has no idea how large he is. Were finally getting him to calm down a bit, and he's starting to respond to commands better. They are fantastic dogs. Just remember, anything on the kitchen counter or lower, is in their domain.

Can you post a photo..?
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    My name is Dane and iv always wanted one. We now have a 5 yr old Blue great dane. He is bonkers and he does love to sleep on the couch. ( takes up the whole thing.) he doesnt eat a whole lot, but they are very protective. He barks at everything. Would definitely recommend training.
    One God, One Truth
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Intestinal twist could also be another issue. I took care of my sisters for a few years after see left it in the house she was forclosing on. (Still mad at that **** for that) Her name was Bleu and she was of course and Blue dane. I really loved that dog.
    ddubridge:
    Intestinal twist could also be another issue. I took care of my sisters for a few years after see left it in the house she was forclosing on. (Still mad at that **** for that) Her name was Bleu and she was of course and Blue dane. I really loved that dog.

Grrrrrr
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    ddubridge:

Grrrrrr
    Some people....