Home Non Cigar Related

Starting to see little bugs popping up on the forum.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Nothing major. Like slow up date of a post, and the newest post not showing on the main page.

Comments

• New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Nothing major. Like slow up date of a post, and the newest post not showing on the main page.
    I've noticed this too...the main page refreshes on a timer, I've not figured out what the timing is yet. Probably something like 30 minutes or so. It takes a lot of server juice to refresh the boards in real time.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the forum cache is not refreshing
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Necro, seeing lots of times when the forum is unreachable today until I refresh.  Sometimes errors when I use the buttons on a post.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Something has gone wrong."

Seeing this a lot.

And trying to post.
    "Whoops! There was an error."
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think part of the problem is that we no longer seem to have any communication available with Krebsie or whoever the hell is supposed to be working the technical part of this software. 

Every time ive tried to reach him in, say, the past year or so I never get a response. 
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had not encountered this when I read it here but the next link I clicked I got it and several times since. I can't respond to my own post so here it is WTF
    A little dirt never hurt
    SPAM blocked???
    WTF??

I go to post and I get this BS.

You have posted 10 times within 60 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 120 seconds before attempting to post again.

Unless they are counting agreeing and all that, like hell I did.
    10 times in 20 minutes, I'll buy that.
    Or.......clicking to post and getting the whoops error.

10 times in 60 seconds, well tonight, that's not even possible with getting an error every time you click to navigate.

So, Ccom. You have the same IT people working on the forums as the ones who did your software that worked so well lately?

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got the same message

"You have posted 1 times within 60 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 60 seconds before attempting to post again"
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

edited April 2017
    Seriously Ccom.
    WHAT...................THE....................F***?????

• You have posted 1 times within 60 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 60 seconds before attempting to post again.
    1 time in 60 seconds????
    Really?

Who ever your IT person is, they should be fired and put back in the position they were in.

Your IT person should have checked the forum after making changes, tried things out to see what they screwed up, cause they always do and checked forum posts to see how many people they pissed off or are having troubles.

Then..........they should have fixed it.
    And if they don't know how to fix it, contact someone who does and step aside.
    It's just that simple. It really is.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    edited April 2017
    @krebsie

Ok, what is the deal?
    You can't post more than 1 time in 60 seconds???

Every time I go to post, even though it's been some time since I posted, I get this BS error.
    It takes me 5 minutes to make one post.

Someone really needs to get it together. Seriously.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody has zero patience
    A little dirt never hurt
    Hey, Tony @0patience, I just sent an email to Andy Dzikoski asking him if he could somehow get some help steered in our direction. Appealing to Krebsie hasn't worked in a helluva long time to my knowledge. 

Maybe Andy can stir up some s h I t over there and get us some help. 
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Hey, Tony @0patience, I just sent an email to Andy Dzikoski asking him if he could somehow get some help steered in our direction. Appealing to Krebsie hasn't worked in a helluva long time to my knowledge. 

Maybe Andy can stir up some s h I t over there and get us some help. 
    Now now lets not be putting too much of this on Andy's shoulders.....we need him 
    Yep, we need him to stir up some sh*t for us. Nobody responds to calls to Krebsie any more. This boolsheet is getting damned old....
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That spam shizz is irritating it says I can't send more than one message in 60 sec? Didn't know I pumped them out like that... huh
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got that error on my tablet after hours not using it when I tried to reply to mail in my Inbox, there's no way I sent more than one message in 60 seconds. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a been a warp in the Ccom time-space continuum.  It makes a 3-week time span for an order going out seem like a day to them, and a post every two hours seem like 60 seconds.  Or something like that.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    Here are copies of emails between myself and Andy Dzikoski:

And here is Andy's latest response:

Continuing:

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No wonder I couldn't get through to Andy on the phone.  Quit pestering my man, so I can get some sticks, dadgummit!

:D
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    peter4jc said:
    No wonder I couldn't get through to Andy on the phone.  Quit pestering my man, so I can get some sticks, dadgummit!

:D
    Right!  Like you need more sticks. About like I need some more arthritis...    NOT!!   :p
    Cannot add people to private message.
    Using the ADD PEOPLE TO THIS CONVERSATION box

I get this error.

So are we now stuck sending messages to one person at a time??

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: