Home Non Cigar Related

Ice storms suck....

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
We had an ice storm Saturday night and promptly lost power. It's not looking good for power any time this week. The trees are still heavily covered, so additional outages are likely. This is not how I wanted to spend my holiday/time off. Looks like the bombings will have to wait until next week......
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet the trees look fabulous though.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Back growing up in maryland between the snow we got and the bi annual ice storm the power would go out for almost a week at a time atleast. Most everyone had 55 gallons of water, wood stoves, propane tanks they could plumb into their meter line, generator, and 30 days of emergency food stored. LOL, guess we were preppers before it was cool! Hope youre weathering it well bro, ice storms are natures great equalizer.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    We had a ok amount of snow and ice so far but luckily it hit almost 70 yesterday and rain today to melt everything away
    Money can't buy taste
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 2 years before I moved here we had a storm ice/snow/high winds and about as cold as I can remember. 12 story condominium, 140 units and no relief in sight. We were use to the power going out but no one was prepared for this and tempers began to flare. VA Power and Electric was a power unto themselves and they answered to no one. Finally some of the ladies in the building decided enough was enough and off they went. Now the street we were on also had about 500 garden type condos, many buildings and 3 stories high. So the ladies picked up a few more equally upset people on the short walk to route seven and what they saw angered them even more. VA Power trucks one after another going in both directions. They ladies blocked the road, there was no other traffic. They some how (I wish I was there) managed to convince one of the drivers he was going to replace the single transformer that had over 2000 people in the cold. Three trucks showed up and we were back in service in 2 hours. Of course we partied to celebrate, and the ladies were treated like hero's.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    About 2 years before I moved here we had a storm ice/snow/high winds and about as cold as I can remember. 12 story condominium, 140 units and no relief in sight. We were use to the power going out but no one was prepared for this and tempers began to flare. VA Power and Electric was a power unto themselves and they answered to no one. Finally some of the ladies in the building decided enough was enough and off they went. Now the street we were on also had about 500 garden type condos, many buildings and 3 stories high. So the ladies picked up a few more equally upset people on the short walk to route seven and what they saw angered them even more. VA Power trucks one after another going in both directions. They ladies blocked the road, there was no other traffic. They some how (I wish I was there) managed to convince one of the drivers he was going to replace the single transformer that had over 2000 people in the cold. Three trucks showed up and we were back in service in 2 hours. Of course we partied to celebrate, and the ladies were treated like hero's.
    Awesome story! Hope things improve Shafty!