Home General Discussion

Christmas with the in-laws family.

Well, I'm heading to the in-laws for Christmas with their extended family. Wish me luck, I'm taking a 5th of bourbon and a 10ct travel humidor to help me get through it. Wish me luck! I sure hope my throat holds up.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    So Curtis, How far is the trip, and how long are you staying ? Sounds like you have supplies to last until tomorrow morning.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    So Curtis, How far is the trip, and how long are you staying ? Sounds like you have supplies to last until tomorrow morning.
    If he rations them.
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    kaspera79:
    Just a 30 minute drive. I wanted a variety of sticks to choose from. Not sure if I have enough bourbon, the wife doesn't know, but I think she may need to drive home.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I was actually most concerned about the Bourbon, and the long drive. Nobody needs that kind of problem. Enjoy that family time there Curtis.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    I was actually most concerned about the Bourbon, and the long drive. Nobody needs that kind of problem. Enjoy that family time there Curtis.

Ah the designated driver...one of the finest inventions of the modern era.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have fun hope you make it home unscathed! Yep let the wife drive!
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know the difference between in laws and outlaws? Outlaws are wanted. :)
    Bigshizza:
    Have fun hope you make it home unscathed! Yep let the wife drive!
    No worries on making it home safe. The wife doesn't like to drink so she drives home. It is pretty much the same drive for her to go to work so she knows the road better than I do.
    Well, I ended up being over prepared. I got a few glasses of Bourbon and one stick in and my wife's sister shows up. They are not on speaking terms so we left, long story that goes a little further then just letting it go for the holidays. She still ended up driving is home, better safe then sorry. Last thing I want is to get a DUI on Christmas eve.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Good decision on many counts there Curtis. Unfortunate that the family has issues, but they are not alone. Hope you have an enjoyable Christmas.
    bearb:
    Good decision on many counts there Curtis. Unfortunate that the family has issues, but they are not alone. Hope you have an enjoyable Christmas.
    Thank you, my family will not let anyone ruin our Christmas. Thank you for the well wishes. I would like to return the courtesy and wish your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!