Home Non Cigar Related

Ah fantasy......anything is possible.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
We were just sitting around and talking in my room and I mentioned I always wanted to open a bar with a small kitchen. And it just so happens it seems while she was in jail (its her kids we have taken in) her work release included some cooking lessons from a lady that took a liking to her.

So, we decided that after we pay off the IRS we would open a "Cigar Bar" with some real comfort food from the kitchen, which she would manage. I have done some serious cooking and recipe development in my life, I learned from my Mother, and a menu will not be hard to develop.

Thinking about a round bar with 2 service areas and maybe 20 beers on tap, and of course 40 or so bottled brews (there will be no Budweiser). Good fresh coffee, and a couple of righteous teas. Spring and distilled UN-flavored waters would also be a necessity. Sodas/pop is a big question and remains under discussion.

On one wall we would endeavor to convince, by hook or crook, danielzreyes to let us hang his artwork. Bought, rented or by license it doesn't matter, it is an absolute must have.

On the opposite wall would be the Humidor. Probably hire some one here to design and build it. It would of course be a walk in, big enough for a couple of chairs for the slow to choose, and stocked with cigars chosen with a consensus from this forum (excuse me a moment, I need to light up a rather long and dark Fuente). Nothing to be stocked for purchase until at least 2 months rest.

BOTL pin wearers will of course be shown preferential service.

Join in with suggestions....who knows...I might win the lottery.

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always wanted to have an old wild west saloon type cigar bar I could go to.
    With a big old bar, card tables, swinging bar doors and player piano.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    I always wanted to have an old wild west saloon type cigar bar I could go to.
    With a big old bar, card tables, swinging bar doors and player piano.

Hmmm.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Any pool tables and board games, chess, backgammon, etc sir? The sodas I think are a good idea as they pair well with a lot of cigars. Let me know when to book my flight, I'm heading over.
    james40:
    Any pool tables and board games, chess, backgammon, etc sir? The sodas I think are a good idea as they pair well with a lot of cigars. Let me know when to book my flight, I'm heading over.

How on earth did I forget pool tables..?
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Not toot my own horn, but I can throw down in the kitchen like no tomorrow.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Ok, your definition of throwing down in the kitchen must be completely different than mine. ROFL!
    Then again, I'm not allowed in the kitchen.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    0patience:
    New Boots:
    Ok, your definition of throwing down in the kitchen must be completely different than mine. ROFL!
    Then again, I'm not allowed in the kitchen.
    I can do that too! However, then I have to clean later...no bueno, I'll take the garage instead.
    OK. I am adding 4 regulation pool tables and 4 video game stations.

I was thinking about a dance floor in this fantasy cigar pub, but an instant vision of a bunch of over weight, tipsy, cigar smoking rowdy ne'er-do-wells made me shudder so bad I forgot about it. :)
    OH, security will include cameras and trap doors. And Sidney, our favorite Pit Bull will be let loose when the doors are locked.

Sidney came to live here because he actually followed me home. One day I walked out to the mail box, half a mile, and on the way back I noticed I was being followed. Right into the house he goes and had a drink a bite to eat and laid down in my bedroom for a nap. We at first called him "the blur" because that is all we saw. He lives outside with his own swimming pool and will let Blue share his house on cold nights.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds nice, I think we could pass on the dance floor, Unless you're going to put in a pole then all you need is a stage. I think a few dart boards would be a good idea, I like to shoot pool I'm just not very good at it anymore, darts now thats a different story. Definitely need to keep some good soda around Maine Root has a few, root beer, sasparillia and ginger brew that are decent.