Home General Discussion

favorite

my favorite cigar is the nubs. all Nubs. especially the Habana. I like to smoke on my way to work. it eases my mind help me relax before I get to work.

Comments

• MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like all the nubs too. I like their maduros. I like the habanos as well. It's like smoking a smoky sunshine. Haha. That's the nuance I get. :D
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nubs are great. Cameroon and maduro are my favorites. If I had to choose only one manufacturer to buy from, Oliva would be at the top of my list.

Welcome back Chris. It's been a few months.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Too many nub type shapes out for me now. Smaller stick, fine....fat a$$ ring guages they can keep. Anything over a 52 is a waste....anything 48 or under is a treasure
    Speaking of ring guages,........I'm not a hater. LOL They all have a place in my Humi.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't want to be the guy to jump on the big ring bandwagon, but I do tend to like the larger ring sizes. Maybe I smoke too fast, but I like the burn and smoke from a 54-60 ring size. I enjoy all varieties, but I am not complaining about the big ring buzz these days.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Don't want to be the guy to jump on the big ring bandwagon, but I do tend to like the larger ring sizes. Maybe I smoke too fast, but I like the burn and smoke from a 54-60 ring size. I enjoy all varieties, but I am not complaining about the big ring buzz these days.
    Im actually glad to hear this Sherm, because so many here like the smaller ones I thought it was the "part time smokers" who kept this craze going. Now that I know some "real cigar men" like em, I feel a little better, lol.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    rsherman24:
    Im actually glad to hear this Sherm, because so many here like the smaller ones I thought it was the "part time smokers" who kept this craze going. Now that I know some "real cigar men" like em, I feel a little better, lol.
    Just doing my part to help people feel better. I'm sure we can work out some deals if you guy's can't bear to smoke those big ring sticks. lol
  • I was never really a big fan of the NUBs...not that I don't like them...I just choose to get other sticks. Though I bought my dad a connecticut NUB for christmas...heck...3-4 years ago? And it's still sitting in my humidor!
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    I had some NUB Habano Perfectos that started with construction flaws (unwrapping mostly) but after several months in the humi they settled down and were great smokes.
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Yup nubs are the first cigar I have chosen as a go too. Love the Cameroon, as well as the double maduro. Have not has a bad one yet that it for sure
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    When these first hit the mainstream they were very popular because of the size and who made them and I like so many others wanted to try every one of them. Realizing that the cigars were young I kind of gave them a passing grade but not something I'd buy soon there after. I bought 2 of the 5 paks and smoked the second 5 pak about 6 months later and what a change of profile..esp. the maduro and habano. I'm a big advocate of resting cigars to let them mature and ferment a bit longer...to get past that first sick period where the ammonia is still present. After 6 months I thought so much of the blend I bought a box of my favorites...Maduro and Habano and keep buying then and will only smoke them with 6 months of rest and longer. My favorite resting time is at 9 month...very smooth and potent at the same time.