Home General Discussion

The best cutter I have...

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
...bar none. Better then the 3 blade, the guillotines or the punch. Smooth, no sticking and it does not pinch the cigar. I will carry the bullet punch but the 2 blade cutter is all I will use at home from now on.

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    If that is a no name 2 buck cheap one, I have the same thing. Works fine, no complaints.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    That 3 blade monstrosity looks ridiculous lol but I guess more blades has some benefit by piercing the wrapper in more places at once...
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I've thought about the xikar scissors
    Money can't buy taste
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's have the details on those scissors. What brand? What model? Price? Inquiring minds want to know.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Let's have the details on those scissors. What brand? What model? Price? Inquiring minds want to know.

I have been trying to find out since I posted it. For you pal...I will find the info.
    jd50ae:
    Bob Luken:

I have been trying to find out since I posted it. For you pal...I will find the info.

STAINLESS STEEL CIGAR SCISSORS $5.50 Check your PM
    jd50ae:
    jd50ae:
    Bob Luken:

STAINLESS STEEL CIGAR SCISSORS $5.50 Check your PM
    Thanks buddy. I've always wanted to try scissors. And these are priced right.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I like a good pair of scissors as you can use them to be artistic with your cut...you can tailor your cut to suit you and I use to make the straight cut and then trim around the edge making it so smooth that it was a pleasure to smoke. Longevity is where I have my doubts with any cutter and that is where I start my research...how is it made, warranty and who makes it. I know that Xikar is one of those places that will warranty a product forever so I use mostly Xikar products or others that have a lifetime guarantee.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I've thought about the xikar scissors
    They are a great additions but I have found they work the best for smaller ring cigars and torpedo's. They are great for travel though.
    JD. have you tried the xikar teardrop cutters? That's my "best" cutter. I've been really pleased with mine. I've got a few Colibri double-guillotine cutters and a few plastic double-guillotine and single-guillotine cutters too and the xikar puts them all to terrible shame. Plus it's pocket sized. When we get together for regional mini herf I'll be sure and get you try it if you haven't tried one of these.
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    The best cutter I have is the Xikar tear drop Xi1
    Bob Luken:
    JD. have you tried the xikar teardrop cutters? That's my "best" cutter. I've been really pleased with mine. I've got a few Colibri double-guillotine cutters and a few plastic double-guillotine and single-guillotine cutters too and the xikar puts them all to terrible shame. Plus it's pocket sized. When we get together for regional mini herf I'll be sure and get you try it if you haven't tried one of these.

Looking forward to it.