Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Job Hunt

MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
Anyone know of any good jobs out there for a guy with a useless master's degree? Some things are shaking down at work that I really don't like...mostly to do with inconsistent pay. I love my job, but if it doesn't support the family, I gotta find something else...We're willing to relocate anywhere if the pay will support us, and if there's something for my wife in the area, too.
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of jobs you looking for?
    What's the master degree in?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    What do you do??
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, what field do you work in?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I heard Martel talking about being a Teacher, Helping folks out with getting High School Diplomas.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    I say go were the money is, and right now the money is pouring into northern Colorado from all the gas and oil companies. Loads of new jobs in the area, and not a bad place to live.....
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    I say go were the money is, and right now the money is pouring into northern Colorado from all the gas and oil companies. Loads of new jobs in the area, and not a bad place to live.....
    I'll look at the area.

Yeah, I have a Master's of Divinity and currently work in a non-profit doing adult education and development of employability skills for our students. I have 10 years of management experience in a customer service environment and was a certified corporate trainer for a company once upon a time.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM to ya. Don't know if it helps or not.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at your local community colleges. Several of them have Humanities electives that include the Old and New Testament, World Religions and several related courses. Your degree would be a perfect fit.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try Spokane again! :)