Home Non Cigar Related

Web browsers

New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
What browser do you all use? I'm recently coming back to firefox, however, this board is cut off a little bit on the right side. the "search" button says "Sear" LOL

I used Chrome for a while, but it seems to have some memory leaks in it...so it bogs down a lot.

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been using Firefox for years and I have had no trouble at all.

Strange problem.....have you tried re-installing it..?
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Been using Firefox for years and I have had no trouble at all.

Strange problem.....have you tried re-installing it..?
    Well, I'm back on FF and I've been a FF lover for a long time. I really only switched to Chrome because there are some websites that I use, that I can not use FF for.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Google Chrome and Internet Explorer both. I've heard that google chrome tries to collect a lot of data from your habits so they can customize your individual pop up ad marketing "experience".
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    I use Google Chrome and Internet Explorer both. I've heard that google chrome tries to collect a lot of data from your habits so they can customize your individual pop up ad marketing "experience".
    Shhh, they all do that! Go ahead, google an item for a while, then "refresh" your facebook...look at the ads
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i use firefox ... with ghostery and adblock plus extensions. works great and does a wonderful job at blocking ads.
    search bar shows up fine for me though ... usually clearing the cache/cookies/etc. fixes any problems like that.

i can't stand IE, even the newer versions.

i tried chrome for a while but it seemed to be a memory hog.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    i use firefox ... with ghostery and adblock plus extensions. works great and does a wonderful job at blocking ads.
    search bar shows up fine for me though ... usually clearing the cache/cookies/etc. fixes any problems like that.

i can't stand IE, even the newer versions.

i tried chrome for a while but it seemed to be a memory hog.

agree. I heard chrome was fast, but it was never noticeably faster than firefox for me, and has just gotten slower and slower. I do prefer some chrome-based browsers over firefox on my tablet, but not on my desk/laptops.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I love Chrome. Haven't had any issues.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America