Home General Discussion

Gosh Dangit

denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
You ever try to send a bomb to someone and run out of time every day for a week or more. Yeah, it's been one of those weeks. Soon, you know who you are.

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Guilty
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    I need to just start getting the pre-paid flat rates and schedule home pickup. The number of times I have missed getting to the PO because of working late is bordering on the ludicrous (not this guy image).
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually forget the packages sitting on my desk at home.
    By the time I run home, grab the boxes and get to the post office, they've closed up.
    More often than not, I have the wife get them sent out.
    Hate doing that, cause then she always gives me the "What are you up to now?" look.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    By the time I run home, grab the boxes and get to the post office, they've closed up.
    Hate doing that, cause then she always gives me the "What are you up to now?" look.
    I get the... "Shipping is expensive, you want to retire someday..."
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    0patience:
    I get the... "Shipping is expensive, you want to retire someday..."
    I get the grumpy face every once in a while as well. We just started that stupid envelope cash BS thing. Yeah, gimme back my damn debit card.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I finally shipped a package yesterday that it told a friend I'd ship before my surgery in OCTOBER!
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    Guilty, I have had to have the wife take the last 2 to the post office for me.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    My problem isn't getting it shipped, it's getting the cigars packaged up. I never seem to have time or remember to get a package together. Once I get the cigars in the box, I'm all set. It's just getting to that point that is the problem.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    yep....i needed to get curts out yesterday and wasn't able to do it because I didn't have the packing material.....not gonna go out until monday.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    I finally shipped a package yesterday that it told a friend I'd ship before my surgery in OCTOBER!
    pretty close!! Give or take a few MONTHS!!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Happens all the time! Post office hours are Not the most convenient!
    Money can't buy taste
    Brought the sticks. Brought the cash. Going to the post office at lunch time. Take that sukka.
    dennisking:
    Brought the sticks. Brought the cash. Going to the post office at lunch time. Take that sukka.
    Arrive at post office. Line of thirty people. Little old lady mailing 12 packages for grandkids. Gives clerk her life story. Writes a check. Digs for change to buy some stamps too. Person behind her hasn't filled out mailing slip. Argues with clerk over rising postage costs. Wants savings bonds. Asks for manager when clerk says they don't do that anymore. Repeat ad nauseam. Return to office with unmailed package and without lunch. Weep.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    dennisking:
    Arrive at post office. Line of thirty people. Little old lady mailing 12 packages for grandkids. Gives clerk her life story. Writes a check. Digs for change to buy some stamps too. Person behind her hasn't filled out mailing slip. Argues with clerk over rising postage costs. Wants savings bonds. Asks for manager when clerk says they don't do that anymore. Repeat ad nauseam. Return to office with unmailed package and without lunch. Weep.
    This is why I love the automated postage station, I about cry when I have to go through the line to mail something. I really feel sorry for the postal workers during the holidays, the ones at my post office do a great job of treating people very politely and kindly.
    jthanatos:
    dennisking:
    Nope, more like:

arrive at the post office and they are closed.
    punches glass and walks away.

all I want to do is bomb a noobie. is that too hard

Dedication pays off.