Home Non Cigar Related

My new years resolution

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Drink more Whiskey

Buy more cigars I like and enjoy the ones I smoke.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Best resolution I have seen in a long time.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Drink more Whiskey

Usually resolutions are difficult to continue to achieve over a long period of time. This one may be the exception. Good luck, you have my support.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    I have a difficult one... actually let some cigar(s) age lol longest I've waited so far is about 4 months. I'm planning to have 6 months on the DPG Blue sticks I got for my upcoming graduation.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine is to avoid arguments with my wife. I expect I'll last less than 24 hours, but a guy can dream!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My resolution is both simple and hard: be a better father, partner, and friend than was last year.

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I'll continue the same resolution I've been sticking to around 10 years: to make no more resolutions.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bomb more peeps
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Bomb more peeps
    That's a pretty bold statement for someone who has a birthday in a couple of weeks.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Drink more Whiskey

How about beer? Party at my house tonight. I started with a Lazy Magnolia Jeff Stout. Then a Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan (maybe my new favorite). Now I'm on an Abita Turbodog. Might move on to a Schlafly Coffee Stout. I found the spot for the best package beer in my town...good thing the party's at my place tonight.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master hand rolling perfectos.
    Ride the Trans-America Trail

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    webmost:

Been working on that one myself. Tough shape to get the draw right on.

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    My wife and I are trying real hard to pay some old bills off this year, looks like I will be moving back into a City job in 2015. Sooooooo, No buying cigars all year..............

I think I have enough to last me all year at the rate of 2-3 a weekish. so all will work out in the end.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    My wife and I are trying real hard to pay some old bills off this year, looks like I will be moving back into a City job in 2015. Sooooooo, No buying cigars all year..............

I think I have enough to last me all year at the rate of 2-3 a weekish. so all will work out in the end.
    Something tells me this might ignite a firestorm of "help" lol
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:

Bro, sorry to hear that.
    Is it a mechanic job?

If you run into a bind on the cigars, text me.
    Remember, I still owe you.
    The cutter was a pittance of repayment.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My New Years resolution is to get my mom's house finished and sold, use the money from the sale of that house to fix up my house, pay off our car and my Harley and bomb the crap out of a few people who severely need it.

If all works out, I might get that all done by the end of summer. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to focus more on "Bs before Hs"
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    firetruckguy:

Bro, sorry to hear that.
    Is it a mechanic job?

If you run into a bind on the cigars, text me.
    Remember, I still owe you.
    The cutter was a pittance of repayment.
    Thanks bro, its a good thing. Its amazing how much you miss having good benefits and retirement when you do your own thing. I will be working for the department I take care of now.

As far as extra sticks, it wasn't a call for more. I have more then enough my friend!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    photo 995025_787550201262569_2134084587_n_zps28240143.jpg
    no matter where you go, there you are.

RBeckom:
    webmost:

We ought to swap examples of our handiwork, if we ever get some made we are not too ashamed of.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

webmost:
    RBeckom:
    webmost:

We ought to swap examples of our handiwork, if we ever get some made we are not too ashamed of.

That may take some time on my part, though I will be fermenting some different varieties of Tobacco this spring when the temperature rises, solar you see, and hope to find a blend that is worth sending. My old stock fermented three years ago seems to be mellowing fine finally.
    patience, I must confess, I am lacking somewhat, but feel free to send a sample my way.
    It will not be graded on appearance, but taste and blending, in that fashion I might just learn something.
    I am ordering new seed this year just on the off chance that mine has become contaminated and cross bred and stepping up production so there will be extra to share as with the seeds.

My new years resolution........

To actually grow, and not just plant, a garden this year!
    Last year I had to turn my Mini Horses in on my garden because the weeds, of which I could not at the time bend over and pull because of one of my pesky hernias that no longer exist, kept me from my work.
    This year though, I plan on full production with a vertical twist on my techniques.

RBeckom:
    webmost:
    RBeckom:
    webmost:

That may take some time on my part, though I will be fermenting some different varieties of Tobacco this spring when the temperature rises, solar you see, and hope to find a blend that is worth sending. My old stock fermented three years ago seems to be mellowing fine finally.
    patience, I must confess, I am lacking somewhat, but feel free to send a sample my way.
    It will not be graded on appearance, but taste and blending, in that fashion I might just learn something.
    I am ordering new seed this year just on the off chance that mine has become contaminated and cross bred and stepping up production so there will be extra to share as with the seeds.

I tried growing this year and will not try again. I have a black thumb. It's confirmed. I get my leaf from Whole Leaf Tobacco. Great quality and the easy way out.

I rolled some the last warm weekend we had. Yellow Orinoco filler, Aleman Banda Oscuro binder, some other oscuro wrapper. I have your addie. I'll shoot you a couple. Mental note to self.

This reminds me... I owe the forum a review.

webmost:
    RBeckom:
    webmost:
    RBeckom:
    webmost:

I tried growing this year and will not try again. I have a black thumb. It's confirmed. I get my leaf from Whole Leaf Tobacco. Great quality and the easy way out.

I rolled some the last warm weekend we had. Yellow Orinoco filler, Aleman Banda Oscuro binder, some other oscuro wrapper. I have your addie. I'll shoot you a couple. Mental note to self.

This reminds me... I owe the forum a review.

Appreciated and I will return the favor the next time I roll.

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To pay more attention to the things that really matter... wife, kids, friends, faith... and, of course, fine cigars.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Puff_Dougie:
    To pay more attention to the things that really matter... wife, kids, friends, faith... and, of course, fine cigars.

+1
    That is the best resolution I have read yet, worded perfectly and too the point!

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    Puff_Dougie:

+1
    That is the best resolution I have read yet, worded perfectly and too the point!

Amen!
    One God, One Truth