Home Ratings & Reviews

Feedback on 5 Vegas Sampler

Ran a quick search and didn't find too much feedback on this. Looking into it as a little beginner sampler and the price doesn't look too bad at all for my budget. Any thoughts on this sampler for a beginner?
5 Vegas Collected Works II

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I like em all except for the Gold, and the price works. That Casks are YUM.I do it. I mean buy it.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Hm. I like 5 Vegas, but I'm not a fan of the gold and the gold maduro is only half decent. It depends what you like, but I'd prefer to see it with A and AAA in those spots, or maybe the Miami. I think maybe call/e-mail a rep and have them put you something better together.

Unless you like mild cigars or are really new to cigars. Then this might work well.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    Ken Light:
    Hm. I like 5 Vegas, but I'm not a fan of the gold and the gold maduro is only half decent. It depends what you like, but I'd prefer to see it with A and AAA in those spots, or maybe the Miami. I think maybe call/e-mail a rep and have them put you something better together.

Unless you like mild cigars or are really new to cigars. Then this might work well.

I'm really new to the site, I can email a rep and negotiate samplers??? Lol
    Yep. I prefer Tim B AKA The Beard.
    dandin1:
    Ken Light:

Oh hell yes, e-mail Tim or Andy and either will hook you up with something perfect for you. I know Tim's e-mail is tblythe@cigar.com.
    Ken Light:
    dandin1:
    Ken Light:

Oh hell yes, e-mail Tim or Andy and either will hook you up with something perfect for you. I know Tim's e-mail is tblythe@cigar.com.

Awesome. Thanks guys. That's some great news.
    dandin1:
    Ken Light:
    dandin1:
    Ken Light:

Also, stick around, do some reading and commenting, and let us know what you get and how you like 'em when you get to smoking.
    Ken Light:
    dandin1:
    Ken Light:
    dandin1:
    Ken Light:

Also, stick around, do some reading and commenting, and let us know what you get and how you like 'em when you get to smoking.

Absolutely.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buy that sampler every couple months just for variety. Do it.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    dandin1:

Is this true? So if I send Tim an email with a Budget number they can hook me up?

Aj
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    dandin1:

Is this true? So if I send Tim an email with a Budget number they can hook me up?

Aj
    Yes, very true.
    Send him your budget and a general idea of what cigars you're looking for (brands, vitolas, wrappers, etc.) and he'll put together something.

Also, to answer the original question....
    I'm not big on the flavors of the Gold Maduro but they are all solid smokes and worth trying...a great sampler if you've never had a 5V before. And for those smokes - $2/cigar is a good deal IMO.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like all things 5 Vegas I and the sampler did it it for me.

Yes, it is true the Gold is very very mild, but you know something, on a lazy morning with a (good) good (good) cup of creamy coffee the Gold ain't bad.

And, grasshopper, the Gold will get more body with aging.
    Can a conny really get more body from rest? In my experience they become weaker.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You keep tellin' me that ;) So should I connie-bomb you now while there's life still in them?
    Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll end up ordering it soon. I'll definitely post here once I give them a shot.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this sampler is one of the best values ccom offers in my opinion. And if you pair it with a "daily deal" offering you'll have free shipping for both.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Can a conny really get more body from rest? In my experience they become weaker.

I just smoked one of the big ones and it is definitely "less mild", been resting for only about 4 weeks. Or maybe the first few I smoked where an aberration, or maybe this one is, but it was stronger.

The whole line of 5 Vegas is IMHO, one of the best bargains on CCom.