Home Ratings & Reviews

Gurkha over run....a very strange cigar.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Dark, box pressed and 4 inches long. The center would not light and the first time I knocked the ash off the center remained, but it is now burning, almost like 2 cigars in one. And it stayed that way for the complete smoke. Is this on purpose..? If it is its a new one on me. We all have smoked and seen ash rounded to the center but this straight lines.

Been holding this one to be last of the cigars sent to me via flat rate on purpose. Have not liked any Gurkha other then the absolutely outstanding "Ancient Warrior" and I thought letting it rest for as long as possible might help it. I find most Gurkhas too strong for my taste. This one did improve the longer I smoked it, though it is still to strong.

Comments

• allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    The outside burned fast than the inside; sounds like it needed more time in the humi to get the filler to the same humidity as the wrapper and binder.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Gurrrrrrrrrrrrkhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Money can't buy taste
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stem? Rolled too tight in the middle? Interesting.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful world of Gurkha
  • jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Knowing how a 1st run Gurkha is you're brave for trying something that didn't live up to their inspection and was deemed an "over run".