Home Pipes

What are you doing with your Christmas $$

J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
I just placed a nice order of tobacco with the rest of my Christmas money. Trying several new blends and am very excited to get the order. Anybody else pick anything up interesting?

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christmas money? All gone, long time ago.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I think that it would be interesting to get a pipe, but some of my other hobbies cost more than enough. My wife would not be happy.
    One God, One Truth
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    roland_7707:
    I think that it would be interesting to get a pipe, but some of my other hobbies cost more than enough. My wife would not be happy.
    The great thing about a pipe is that it really costs as much as you want it to. You can pick up an OK pipe and all the supplies along with a few oz. of tobacco for $50. Then just add a tin or 3 on your next big cigar purchase and you are all set!

I have been smoking pipes for just over 3 yrs. now and it has actaully helped with cigars as I am down to 1 a day normally. That means better cigars too!
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only Christmas money I have seen is the money we budget (promptly forget budget and eat Ramen) for the grand kids.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Panda is out of money :(image
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought this! Radice billiard and a **** ton of tobacco. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Very nice pipe! Radice pipes are top quality. Everyone that I know that has one really enjoys them.
    J.S.:
    Very nice pipe! Radice pipes are top quality. Everyone that I know that has one really enjoys them.
    I have 5, lol! They are really great. I really should branch out and get a couple other brands, but I just love them too much...
  • BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    My Girlfriend is quite possibly the best ever. Honestly, she spoils me yall. Got a brand new watch, a few ISOM's, and a gift certificate to the best B&M in Nashville. I was gonna purchase cigars with my giftcard but got a pipe and some tobacco as well. image
    Bamablows:
    My Girlfriend is quite possibly the best ever. Honestly, she spoils me yall. Got a brand new watch, a few ISOM's, and a gift certificate to the best B&M in Nashville. I was gonna purchase cigars with my giftcard but got a pipe and some tobacco as well. image
    Nice Watch! What kinda pipe?
    Also just got this
    photo 20140109_124732_zpsddxgfdxn.jpg

Which Included this
    A Radice Rind Billiard. Will be great for VA flakes.
    photo 20140109_124848_zpsfwjyhpnl.jpg
    Gray4lines:
    Bamablows:
    Im not really sure, i think its made by Falcon. I will post pics later. It seemed like every pipe there was 200+ and i just dont want to spend that kind of money on a pipe right now.
    Bamablows:
    Gray4lines:
    Bamablows:
    Im not really sure, i think its made by Falcon. I will post pics later. It seemed like every pipe there was 200+ and i just dont want to spend that kind of money on a pipe right now.
    Ahh, ok I know falcons. Yeah, B&M pipes can be a little outrageous.
    Gray4lines:
    Also just got this
    photo 20140109_124732_zpsddxgfdxn.jpg

Which Included this
    A Radice Rind Billiard. Will be great for VA flakes.
    photo 20140109_124848_zpsfwjyhpnl.jpg
    Sweet baby jesus that is a ton of tobacco. And a very nice pipe as well.
    Man! You have a very nice start on some great tobacco blends. I hope you are enjoying some of them. Although you will be tempted try not to open too many tins at one time. They are great for aging just as they are and it looks like you have enough there for a very long time!
    J.S.:
    Man! You have a very nice start on some great tobacco blends. I hope you are enjoying some of them. Although you will be tempted try not to open too many tins at one time. They are great for aging just as they are and it looks like you have enough there for a very long time!
    It is hard not to open them all! lol! I broke up a couple of the large MacBaren bags so I can have one jar open and age the rest... As for the tins, I really need to smoke what I have open. I only opened bagpipers dream, and I'm glad I did. It could turn anyone into an aromatic smoker... It's by far the best I've come across.
    I have not tried BPD yet. I am not a big aro fan but I am always looking for a good one. I will have to put it on my wish list.