Home Ratings & Reviews

Camacho corojo Ltd

There are some nice smokes on the horizon the Cain being one - and I am really interested in the Padilla Dominus, since I am big Padilla freak. But...

I bought a box of the ltd in the Diploma size about a 7 months ago. I really liked them then- but they are turning into something really special. Has anyone tried the other sizes and could they compare?

Comments

• betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    No, but you have my interest; Camacho is probably my favorite brand.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    camacho is my favorite brand.

the diploma size is the best of that line.

try the maduro version as well. I think that its even better.
  • Tumbler:
    There are some nice smokes on the horizon the Cain being one - and I am really interested in the Padilla Dominus, since I am big Padilla freak.
    Yeh I cant wait to try it ether..when is ccom offering it?
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I'll be damn Kuz, didn't even know they had a maduro in the corojo limited. Diploma too no less. Thanks for that tid bit of information!

Don't know Jeff. I sent a note to Tim we'll see what he says..

Yes, Beta give 'em a whirl. They will not dissapoint. :)
    give it a bit of rest if you can. they age very will IMHO
  • I haven't had the corojo ltd, but i have had the camacho corojo, and it was a surprising dissapointment for me. Having said this, i look forward to test driving more from camacho's line. ie: an SLR maduro that catches my eye everytime I go to my b&m but haven't bought yet.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    I would not have tried Camacho most likely if not for the black brand project. I really like the triple maduro for obvious reasons and the peppery Camacho conneticut
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Oddly enough JZ, I probably won't buy another Camacho because of the Black Band Project...for one because I never received me cigars, but also because they couldn't even manage to respond to an email I sent them. I'll probably change my mind if the cigars come through, but if they can't even answer an email, then I think it says something for how much they care about the customer.
    j0z3r:
    Oddly enough JZ, I probably won't buy another Camacho because of the Black Band Project...for one because I never received me cigars, but also because they couldn't even manage to respond to an email I sent them. I'll probably change my mind if the cigars come through, but if they can't even answer an email, then I think it says something for how much they care about the customer.
    you are missing out. camacho is probably my favorite brand right now. the SLR maduro is fantastic... so is the diploma maduro. anything that says "camacho" and "maduro" is a winner in my book. they just do maduro so well.

they do other things well.(the camacho havanna is great for as inexpensive as it is) but maduro and camacaho go hand in hand...

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I wouldn't say I'm missing out, I mean I've had more than a few Camacho cigars and I currently have a decent variety of them, and I think the Diploma was the first cigar to really kick me in the stomach. I like their cigars though, don't get me wrong for one minute there.

What I don't like is the whole situation surrounding the Black Band Project and the fact that they cannot manage to answer a lousy email. I know they maybe have bigger things to worry about than if I got my free cigars, but at the same time if they are going to take on something like that, then they have a measure of accountability to own up to.

I don't know, maybe I'm just blowing things out of proportion here and should probably just drop it...but I just don't have a lot of respect for Camacho because of this.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    j0z3r:
    I just don't have a lot of respect for Camacho because of this.
    I think I'm with you on this one, Joe. It's hard to say yes to a company who can't reply to a large chunk of their following who they shafted in a give away. All the while still promoting their brand by giving away cigars at charity events, awards ceremonies, and celebrity golf outings.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    T. Gervais - "I haven't had the corojo ltd, but i have had the camacho corojo, and it was a surprising dissapointment for me."

The Camacho Corojo is so far the only Camacho I've had, and that stick whooped my a$$. Now, given that I fired it up around 5:30 pm, and I had only eaten but one small taco thingy all day, it sure wasn't the brightest idea. By the time I was done with that stick I was completely spun out - dizzy, nauseated, totally disoriented... Spent the rest of the night recovering lol.. Kinda scared me away from Camacho for a bit, I'm thinking.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Hays:
    T. Gervais - "I haven't had the corojo ltd, but i have had the camacho corojo, and it was a surprising dissapointment for me."

The Camacho Corojo is so far the only Camacho I've had, and that stick whooped my a$$. Now, given that I fired it up around 5:30 pm, and I had only eaten but one small taco thingy all day, it sure wasn't the brightest idea. By the time I was done with that stick I was completely spun out - dizzy, nauseated, totally disoriented... Spent the rest of the night recovering lol.. Kinda scared me away from Camacho for a bit, I'm thinking.

I was expecting the same results that you got, but strangely my camacho corojo didn't have much flavor to speak of, it was just kind of toasty.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I enjoyed the Camach corojo and it is a potent stick. The flavor picks up as it smokes down and I found it quite enjoyable.  I have yet to try the LTD
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I'm with JZ on this too, if it wasn't for the BBP, I probably would have never tried any Camachos. Now they're probably ranked in my top 3 brands. My last Camacho was a triple maduro toro I smoked at my local cigar bar while watching the UGA game. It was a GREAT expereince.

"Long ashes my friends."