Home Ratings & Reviews

Cain

ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
Has anybody reviewed the Cain yet? I am SUPER excited about this and I want to know if I should just go ahead a buy a box.

Comments

• betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Ejenne, just for you, I'll do a review tonight. Would you prefer a habano review, or a maduro review?
  • check www.acigarsmoker.com, he has reviewed a couple and is a big fan
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    betasynn:
    Ejenne, just for you, I'll do a review tonight. Would you prefer a habano review, or a maduro review?
    I would def. prefer the maduro. Thanks Beta, you rock!
    ejenne87:
    betasynn:
    Ah crap, I tried to wait for your response, but I went ahead and smoked a Habano toro-ish size. Let me tell you something really interesting about this cigar: it's not what I'd consider a full-bodied cigar. It's a bit confusing, since it's pretty strong, but it's smooth as sin. It has a great flavor, really sort of a dark, woodsy, earthy, with little bits of spice. It is a good cigar, though I wouldn't put it in my top five. Lemme give them a few days to rest, though, and I'll smoke the maduro friday or so.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Did you find it to have a sweet spice to it? The Habano toro is the only one I smoked so far. I am looking forward to the Special F, extra Ligero. I also agree that it isn't a smack you in the face power.
    betasynn:
    ejenne87:
    betasynn:
    Ah crap, I tried to wait for your response, but I went ahead and smoked a Habano toro-ish size. Let me tell you something really interesting about this cigar: it's not what I'd consider a full-bodied cigar. It's a bit confusing, since it's pretty strong, but it's smooth as sin. It has a great flavor, really sort of a dark, woodsy, earthy, with little bits of spice. It is a good cigar, though I wouldn't put it in my top five. Lemme give them a few days to rest, though, and I'll smoke the maduro friday or so.
    I plan on buying a box of both wrappers, one in about two weeks and the other a little bit after that. I was just thinking that I might get the maduro first. I look forward to hearing what you think.
    vankleekkw:
    Did you find it to have a sweet spice to it? The Habano toro is the only one I smoked so far. I am looking forward to the Special F, extra Ligero. I also agree that it isn't a smack you in the face power.

Interestingly enough, I do see what you mean. Instead of spicy/sweet, it reminded me a little bit of a toned-down version of BBQ sauce, at it's most elemental.

• vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    I can see BBQ sause.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I had the maduro at the B&M the other day. It was pretty good but I had a beef with it. Despite the claim that it is Straight Ligero, it isn't. Add up the totals on the box, its like 82%. I'm assuming the wrapper isn't Ligero.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    I had the maduro at the B&M the other day. It was pretty good but I had a beef with it. Despite the claim that it is Straight Ligero, it isn't. Add up the totals on the box, its like 82%. I'm assuming the wrapper isn't Ligero.
    Maduro is correct, and the wrapper is indeed NOT Ligero. I am in the minority it appears----but thought it was little more than an average cigar. I thought it compromised complexity of flavors, just to make a powerful stick. I would take a LFD Double Ligero anyday.
    The wrapper is a Mexican Maduro if I am not mistaken.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    madurofan:
    Maduro is correct, and the wrapper is indeed NOT Ligero. I am in the minority it appears----but thought it was little more than an average cigar. I thought it compromised complexity of flavors, just to make a powerful stick. I would take a LFD Double Ligero anyday.
    I'd damn near take a LFD Double Ligero over ANYTHING anyday! haha
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    After smoking a couple of the Habanos, I would put this above your average cigars. I wouldn't put a LFD DL anywhere near an average cigar, they are phenomenal. The Cain is yet another concept cigar from Leccia. And with this and other concepts, they are extreme in some aspects. While it may not be ONLY ligero, the ligero-ness is definitely apparent, while the delivery is rather smooth. With the boldness, I think it does lose some of the complexity, but catching some of the great flavor in it beyond the boldness is complex in itself. I found myself wanting to smoke this ever so slow to pick up on more of the sweetness and nuttiness I was catching. I dig it....even more so than I dig NUBs
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Yea, there aren't many smokes out there that are on the level of LFD. I am however excited to try the Cain lines. I bought a couple last week, but I don't have them now and I didn't even get to smoke them... Damn I hate it when that happens...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I tied the Cain habano this afternoon. It was a good cigar, perfect construction, great draw and razor sharp burn. Not quite as full flavored as I would have thought, and not more than medium-full strength. Definitely above average though, and I'll be smoking more of them.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I picked up one of each wrapper today at my local B&M. I'll give them a go next week. Hope I enjoy them as much as everyone else has. :)
    I just got an email from Jeff today and he told me that Ccom might not be getting these :-( I am in Afghanistan so a B&M is out of the question. Anyone want to split a box?
  • JKTexJKTex Posts: 92
    I had my hands on a "F" Saturday night at a NUB Live but thought it may be too much for me. I kind of wish I would have picked up a couple just to have them. I'll be at another event next month so maybe then.

I've got a box of Maduro's but only got to smoke 1 so far and that wasn't an idea smoke time for me. I got less than half way and we had to leave so I let it burn out. It was getting really smooth at that point too. I finished it the next night, which wasn't ideal and the first time I've ever done that. But alcohol was involved the night before and I had it wrapped up in plastic. Big Smile [:D] Smelled kinda nasty, but a surprise to me, it smoked pretty well.

I'll get ton smoke one right soon. It is pretty strong but started to smooth way out as you go, while the flavor stays stout. I'm not a strong cigar guy, but this one I like.
    So I went ahead and bought a box of these, the natural wrapper. I am very excited to try these! I think I might get a box of the maduros if the naturals go over well. I would be willing to trade a few if anybody is interested...
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Wow there are all these new great cigars coming out around this time! i feel like its Christmas and all of the developers are releasing all of the new video games!
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Vulchor:
    madurofan:
    Vulchor, enlighten me as to what this LFD Double Ligero is all about! i love fullbodied strong cigars, and haven't had one of them. Can't say I've ever even seen one. Take it you're talking about La Flor Dominicana?
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    cholmes8310:
    Vulchor:
    madurofan:
    Vulchor, enlighten me as to what this LFD Double Ligero is all about! i love fullbodied strong cigars, and haven't had one of them. Can't say I've ever even seen one. Take it you're talking about La Flor Dominicana?
    Yes he is. I haven't tried enough of the LFD line, but the Double Ligero is AMAZING. Specifically the Maduro, but I've heard the other wrapper is also excellent.
    So, I got my shipment in lyesterday and my Cain sampler was in there. I jumped all over one of them and even straight from Ccom it was spectacular! I gave another to a buddy and he loved it too. I can;t wait to get some time on these sticks and see what happens. It was loaded with flavor and fairly stong. I fell in love right away. Def. worth the wait/search.
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    I love the La Flor double ligeros. The chisel tip is really cool. I find these to be much stronger than the cains. I had a cain maduro first thing in the morning on an empty stomach with no problems. Amazing flavor though maduro sweetness, spice and a nice kick. The La Flors on the other hand seem to put me down hard. Both wrappers are great as well.
    I have had the LFD double ligero in the natural wrapper and it was strong, but I didnt find it as strong as some other people did. The Cain was strong, just as strong as the LFD, but I still think the MoW Ruination blows both of thses away. just my thoughts
    I didn't experience the Cain as mindblowingly strong either, strong yes, but not hug-the-toilet strong. Odd as it sounds, I thought the maduro was stronger than the habano...I felt it more in my gut.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I tied the Cain habano this afternoon. It was a good cigar, perfect construction, great draw and razor sharp burn. Not quite as full flavored as I would have thought, and not more than medium-full strength. Definitely above average though, and I'll be smoking more of them.
    So it sounds like an average Oliva, above average for most cigars, right on par with the rest of Oliva's stuff. but nothing super-spectacular?
    alienmisprint:
    j0z3r:
    So it sounds like an average Oliva, above average for most cigars, right on par with the rest of Oliva's stuff. but nothing super-spectacular?
    I think I'd put it a step above the Serie G and O, on par with the Serie V and Special S, which I think are two of Oliva's best.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    j0z3r:
    alienmisprint:
    j0z3r:
    I think I'd put it a step above the Serie G and O, on par with the Serie V and Special S, which I think are two of Oliva's best.
    I haven't had a Cain with any age on it, but recently had a V double robusto with over a year and it was exceptional. Hard to compare straight up with such little time on the cains, but right now I like the Vs and the Special S a tad more.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    i just bought myself 2 Cains. One maduro and one habano. So far, it seems most people think they're a decent smoke. Also got a AB Vice. (first box press from AB).

"Long ashes my friends."