Home Cigar 101

Wrapper burns too slow???

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with the wrapper of my cigars not burning. The filler will continue to burn down, but the wrapper isn't going anywhere. After I take a torch once around the edge to get it caught up, it will usually continue fine for a while and even out. This mostly happens in the first 3rd of the cigar.

I'm thinking the wrapper is holding more moisture than the filler and isn't burning as fast. What do you guys think???

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    more time in the humidor. its as you suspect.

it may also be that you are smoking to slow.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:

I could see how both of these could be the case. As you know, I usually have my cigar with a book. So I tend to let it set a little while between puffs. Plus, last night I was having one of the Limitada 2008 that we got about a 1 1/2 weeks ago, so it's a really new cigar.
  • MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    I ran into this with the house blend Brazillion wrapper. That wrapper is so thick I don't think it could keep up with the filler. It burned in all sorts of directions.
  • This happens to me when I don'd draw often enough
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    kuzi16:

I could see how both of these could be the case. As you know, I usually have my cigar with a book. So I tend to let it set a little while between puffs. Plus, last night I was having one of the Limitada 2008 that we got about a 1 1/2 weeks ago, so it's a really new cigar.
    i wont smoke a cigar unless it has been in my humidor 6 weeks.

there are a few times where this rule has been broken (like when i smoke at the B&M) but for the most part, i give it a tiny bit of time to even out.