Home Cigar 101

Herf-a-dors

EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
I love mine.

I stuck a few sticks in mine in before thanksgiving, smoked a couple of them over the holiday and just remembered they were in there. By the way, the herf-a-dor had been in my glove box all this time. I had an hour or so to kill in town and remembered it was in there and just pulled out a la Gloria Cubana and it smoked beautifully. Dang near perfect burn, no construction issues, and it mellowed nicely. In contrast I pulled the same stick out of my humi a couple of nights ago and fought with it all night. Calibration on my humi is fine and it was sitting at about 67/70. Not sure what the herf-a-dor was at but man, I'll refill it with sticks now.
-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you sorta' kinda' dry-boxed it. And it helped the stick.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be. Was certainly a nice surprise.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Maybe you sorta' kinda' dry-boxed it. And it helped the stick.
    My thought exactly! Ya beat me to it Bobby!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    those things are air tight. ive left cigars in there for many months and been very happy when they come out.

they are so air tight that you have to pry them open with a crowbar after you take em on a plane. i have three of them. 5 ct, 10 ct, and 15 ct.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love my 5 and 10 ct! Yes, took em to Tampa on a plane and had to open em with a coin like a vacuum sealed tin. They keep cigars in good shape for a looong time!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have forgotten them stored in my golf bag for a week or so and holds them nicely. Great boxes
    I bought it mostly for a short term, didn't want to crush my sticks, solution but I think I'll have to get a 15 count one too. Or maybe the 40.
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Got a 10 count herfador. Just love it
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    If you take the foam out of a 5ct, you can fit 10 in there :). I used to do that when we pulled into port and i was off the ship for a few days.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    those things are air tight. ive left cigars in there for many months and been very happy when they come out.

they are so air tight that you have to pry them open with a crowbar after you take em on a plane. i have three of them. 5 ct, 10 ct, and 15 ct.
    I know what you mean..first time i traveled with it thought someone had sealed it so it couldnt be opened!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    kuzi16:

I know what you mean..first time i traveled with it thought someone had sealed it so it couldnt be opened!
    Some of the newer plastic cigar cases have a pressure release valve built into them.
    I've used something similar for camera equipment and it the valve makes it very easy to open....

If you're in the market for a new herf-a-dor I'd highly recommend one with the release valve.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    smoke em if you got em:
    kuzi16:

Some of the newer plastic cigar cases have a pressure release valve built into them.
    I've used something similar for camera equipment and it the valve makes it very easy to open....

If you're in the market for a new herf-a-dor I'd highly recommend one with the release valve.
    Great suggestion, thanks.