Home Pipes

Peter Stokkebye Bulk

christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
Have any of you tried some of his bulk tobacco. That would include aromatics and non aros.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luxury Bullseye flake is a good one. Coins of Va's and perique (i think) with a cavendsh center. They are a little "sharp" tasting at first, but I've had em for a year and they mellow out a lot. I may try some right now!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    +1 on LBF, I think it has a top note but nothing major and I like it better than many of the major VA/Per's out there. I also really like Proper English when I first started smoking English blends. I would still recommend it to anyone just starting out. Also, tried B&B which is an OK aro, a little to mild on the tobacco side but a nice vanilla casing that smokes dry and clean. Luxury Navy Flake is also a good VA/per but I would tip the scale in favor of LBF. Also, IMO, Luxury Twist is not a non-aromatic tobacco. It is cased with fruity flavors and while good should be considered a light aro.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no clue LBF was topped. Huh.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Gray4lines:
    I had no clue LBF was topped. Huh.
    Just my thoughts on the blend. Toppings and casings are very different. Topping gives more to the room note than flavor in the smoke.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been very pleased with the #17 English Luxury, will probably try the Proper English on my next purchase.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    I really enjoy their bulk blends, everyone I had has been great, from their English bulks to their aro's. Dansk Black is a good one for an aro, and the English Luxury is nice as well.