Home Cigar 101
Options

too cold to bomb?

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
About two weeks back, you may remember, I received a cigar bomb via UPS, on a day when it was six degrees outside. Those three frosty sotweed icicles were hard as nightsticks. I have two packages ready to mail now; one for Kuzi and one for someone from another web site. Global warming is predicted to plunge to nine degrees tomorrow (curse that carbon). I am inclined to hold on to these packages until weather moderates. Granted, USPS trucks are white instead of brown, so that should help; but on the other hand, those cigarsickles just came from Quakertown, a mere 80 miles away; while Kuzi is in Ohio, and the other guy is in Massachusetts; implying a lot more truck time.

All this begs the question: When does it get too cold to bomb, you think? For example, is 25 acceptable, 20 questionable, 15 don't mess with it?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it will hurt. They (warehouses) freeze cigars to kill beetles, larvae & eggs don't they?
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had to freeze some sticks to get rid of beetles. Freezing won't hurt the cigars but I recommend a day or two of gentle thawing in the refrigerator before putting them in the humi..... Just my $.02......