Home Cigar 101

counterfeit cohiba?

Left is Robusto from Bahamas, Right is Silgo II from London smoke shop.

Siglo II was a single in tube.

Robusto came in box with seal including hologram, date and factory stamped on bottom of the box.  White boxes on band look suspicious. 

Comments

• picture not appearing.. hmm

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Most of us use photobucket and copy the IMG code.
  • Thanks

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the one on the left looks fake. band is wrong. wrapper is too toothy and too many veins.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that CoRo band is wrong in several regards. The dots and the comma right off the top. I always wonder why the counterfeiters don't spend more time making the bands more authentic. Is it that hard or just not necessary since people still buy the fakes?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Yeah, that CoRo band is wrong in several regards. The dots and the comma right off the top. I always wonder why the counterfeiters don't spend more time making the bands more authentic. Is it that hard or just not necessary since people still buy the fakes?
    Yah... I was thinkin' about that last night. Is it because the real Cubans are so rare that nobody knows what to look for anyway? Probably no need to be meticulous about detail if the majority of consumers don't know what they're looking for anyway.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in a smoke shop on tribal lands last Friday. They had Cohiba behikes for $2.50 each. Yes two dollars and fifty cents! I asked him (already knowing the answer) "are these real?" He smiled and said, "yes, they are real cigars." Wink wink nod nod. Almost box a box just so I could bomb cigarman if he ever comes back. Wait, sorry, that was mean....
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    The one on the right looks legit but as far as I know Siglo II isn't tubed.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Ken as a FYI, the whole Siglo line is offered in tubes.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    There are many legit cc's!! Find a good source or be prepared for fakes...real Cc's are not rare at all!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Ken Light:
    Ken as a FYI, the whole Siglo line is offered in tubes.
    Oh, had no idea, thanks!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious, Uptheiron. On the bottom of the box does it say "Totalmente a Mano" or "Totalmente a nana"? If so, which??
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    The Siglo seems okay from that pic. Got another pic with the side of the band? Does the size match up?
    Hey, Uptheiron, I was serious. Does the back of your suspect box look like this?:

photo null_zps96c3ad18.jpg

Pay close attention to the wording. Refer to my previous post and let me know what it says on the back of your box.

• CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    When I read that it was bought in the Bahamas ( I go there a lot ) I pretty much know them to be fakes. Unless you buy from a reputable Vendor ....LCDH...then you are going to end up buying fake product by a margin of 90%. After looking at the photo...it's fake but here's some good news...it might be a decent cigar but if you have enough money to not care about how much the fake was...do an autopsy on this cigar and you'll see inside of it...lots of short filler, pieces of tobacco and maybe even some stuff you've never seen before. My advice is this: NEVER EVER buy CC's in the Bahamas unless it's from a reliable source.
    Evidently Uptheiron has left the building. I've been trying since his first post to get an answer to the question(s) I asked regarding his Cohibas. I know the photo I posted is of a box that fakes came in. My question to him (as yet unanswered) was "Does your box say the same thing as my box"? although I worded it differently.

In any case, I think the point is moot - unless Uptheiron shows back up and answers my questions... Lol
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Joined 19 Jan 2014, made three posts and has not been on since.
    Yeah, I noticed that. Thanks.....
  • Hey guys,

Been busy, haven't had a chance to check on the thread.  What one the reasons I love cigars is I get to slow down and enjoy something.  Appreciate all the information.  Here are more pictures of the box, certificate, etc.

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    sorry to say but those arent real cuban cigars. Box code is fake. warranty seal is fake. bands are fake. If you want to reconcile your labels to real cubans, definitely check out www.cubancigarwebsite.com
  • No worries, already realized that from examining the bands. Posting pics just to get more information out there.

Can you share what gives it away on the warranty seal?
    jliu:
    sorry to say but those arent real cuban cigars. Box code is fake. warranty seal is fake. bands are fake. If you want to reconcile your labels to real cubans, definitely check out www.cubancigarwebsite.com
    yup hologram is iffy IMO
    Money can't buy taste
    I gotta give it too them the hologram and bass are merely off
    Money can't buy taste
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    uptheiron:
    No worries, already realized that from examining the bands. Posting pics just to get more information out there.

Can you share what gives it away on the warranty seal?
    take a look under "current warranty seal." In general if you have an interest in cuban cigars, know this website well and it serve you well.
    http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/info-packaging.htm
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Once again, the fakes always amaze me. Why on Earth would you but a box date of March 1927!!!! Really, if you can put any year on there, wouldn't you at least put something realistic? I mean, I assume I can buy nearly 100 year old Cohibas on the beaches of the Bahamas! Lol.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America