Home Ratings & Reviews

Nica Rustica

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Took my buddy Dave to Joey D's Cigar Bar tonight and had my first Nica Rustica. I LOVED it!! Smoked it down to the nub and enjoyed every puff! So far, I've appreciated every stick I've tried from Drew Estates. This one was especially tasty. Two thumbs up!

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Wow!! that looks like a great combo!!
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    flowbee:
    Wow!! that looks like a great combo!!
    It was a great combo indeed! A seasonal ale from Penn Brewery and a fantastic, medium bodied, well-balanced cigar. I'm in my happy place! :^)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    I'm curious about this one as well… thanks for the heads up.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it as well. What flavors did you pick up on about mid way through the stick? There was a undercurrent of a flavor and I could not put my finger on what it was though..
    Sasquatch:
    I enjoyed it as well. What flavors did you pick up on about mid way through the stick? There was a undercurrent of a flavor and I could not put my finger on what it was though..
    Cocoa... earth... I can't quite pinpoint it either, but it was sort of a sweet/salty flavor.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sasquatch:
    Tobacco?

Yeah yeah, I'll go to my corner now.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    0patience:
    Sasquatch:
    Tobacco?

Yeah yeah, I'll go to my corner now.
    Dang! That's it! It should have been so obvious! :^)
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Sasquatch:
    Cocoa... earth... I can't quite pinpoint it either, but it was sort of a sweet/salty flavor.
    I got cinnamon.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Tobacco...yea!! That's it!! I think Martel might have nailed it with cinnamon. I'll have to smoke one I had resting to double check. Thanks, guys