Home Cigar 101

best PANETELA cigar

Im looking for some thinner ring gauge cigars say like 36-42 ish Anyone know of some good ones.? right now im looking at the pardon PANETELA what are your general thoughts on the smaller ring gauge cigar formats?

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I really do like some smokes in the lancero size. The El Truinfador lancero is an AWESOME smoke if you can actually find it. They are very hard to come by!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Davidoff #2 ( 6 x 38)

Alec Bradley Tempus Creo Natural (7 1/2 x 41)
    Carlos Torano Virtuoso Baton Dark Natural (7 1/2 x 38)
    Cubao No. 3 Lancero Natural (7 1/2 x 38)
    Gran Habano Corojo #5 Lancero Natural (7 1/2 x 40)
    La Flor Dominicana Lancero Dark Natural (7 1/2 x 39)
    Oliva Serie V Lancero Natural (7 x 38)
    Padron Panetela (6 7/8 x 36)
    Ashton Panetela ()6 x 36)
    Hoyo De Monterrey Largo Elegante (7 1/4 x 34)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jeff_connors:
    what are your general thoughts on the smaller ring gauge cigar formats?
    i feel that the smaller ring is very under rated. the wrapper leaf is the best leaf used in the cigar. you want to taste it as much as you can. since a smaller ring has more wrapper to filler the wrapper has a chance to shine.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I like smaller rings myself, I think often times you get a crisper, more interesting smoking experience. The Padron panatela, which imo is more of a lancero, is very tasty. El Triunfador, like Puro mentioned, is also quite excellent. One of my personal favorite cigars is a lonsdale, the La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1.

Some smaller rings are definitely worth looking into, but keep in mind you have to smoke them differently in that you definitely do not want to rush a smaller ring.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Any of the Don Pepin Lanceros.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Just don't mention those El Truinfadors to Maddy... I mentioned the lancero one time and I thought he was about to start humping my leg! haha
  • PuroFreak:
    Just don't mention those El Truinfadors to Maddy... I mentioned the lancero one time and I thought he was about to start humping my leg! haha
    http://www.walmart.com
    Please don't bring up that site.
  • why?
    The owner is like the Anti-BOTL.

He went around buying forums and kicking members off that didn't follow HIS new rules. Nothing bad can be said about the transition, nothing bad can be said about the whole site going to advertisments, nothing bad could be said about the advertisors. The entire site was purchased and hundreds of members were sent off. The majority of the posts/reviews were purchased and those members who built the 4 forums were sent away creating new forums to be on.
    What a douche bag.
  • j0z3r:
    What a douche bag.
    One of these?
    jeff_connors:
    j0z3r:
    What a douche bag.
    One of these?
    Specifially:
    Slang uses Douchebag, or simply douche, is considered to be a pejorative term in North America, the United Kingdom and some other English speaking countries. In some English speaking countries the term is not well known. The slang usage of the term dates back to the 1960s. The term implies a variety of negative qualities, specifically arrogance and engaging in obnoxious and/or irritating actions without malicious intent. It is generally used for males only.
    Maybe I should have gone with my first instinct and just called him a Douche. :D
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Don't Forget the 5 Vegas Classic Panatela and the Padilla Miami and '68 Lancero.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Had a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet tonight that was a 7x40, but they also make a 7x38. Delicious!
  • TatuajeVI:
    Had a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet tonight that was a 7x40, but they also make a 7x38. Delicious!
    Sol cubano Cuban cab is a great smoke
    I tried a Padron ambassador the other night(42 ring) yummy, one of my first affairs with a smaller ring , did not make it away unscathed , burnt the tongue.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I really enjoy the Ccom Brazilian Label in the Petit Corona size (6.5x42, I believe). I have had every size and that one is by far the best. The brazilian is my favorite of their house blends. And at the price, they are just a GREAT smoke.