Options

Cigars plugging over time

2»

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    My B&M sells one that is about the thickness of a paper clip and is about 6 inches long and one end is bent into a hook, $5. The Xikar tool the Draw poker tool is only about an inch or 1.5" long. I don't know how helpful it would really be but its there.
    So why not use a straightened out paper clip and some caution so as not to pierce the side of your cigar.
    I have :)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    My B&M sells one that is about the thickness of a paper clip and is about 6 inches long and one end is bent into a hook, $5. The Xikar tool the Draw poker tool is only about an inch or 1.5" long. I don't know how helpful it would really be but its there.
    So why not use a straightened out paper clip and some caution so as not to pierce the side of your cigar.
    I have :)
    That is my tool of choice when the problem arises..Was it kuzi who mentioned the solution for a pen that can write in zero gravity.. a pencil. Sometimes it's the simple things..
  • Options
    That was me. The whole russian american millions on a pen deal.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    That was me. The whole russian american millions on a pen deal.
    I stand corrected That was a good one maddy !!
  • Options
    I think it was smoke that pointed out that everyone know that pens are better because you don't want eraser "nubbles" floating around in space LOL.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    I think it was smoke that pointed out that everyone know that pens are better because you don't want eraser "nubbles" floating around in space LOL.
    Very good smoke, that explains it now !! money well spent, I'll take two.
  • Options
    GaryKGaryK Posts: 15
    Speaking of a paper clip.... I took one of the big ones and straightened it out (which I admit took a little time), then I put a small wooden handle on it and I use it for a poker. Unfortunately it is only effective about 50% of the time. The rest of the time I'm inventing those new words.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    GaryK:
    Speaking of a paper clip.... I took one of the big ones and straightened it out (which I admit took a little time), then I put a small wooden handle on it and I use it for a poker. Unfortunately it is only effective about 50% of the time. The rest of the time I'm inventing those new words.
    do you try poking from both ends? would that help at all?
    heres another thought:
    if you draw test and its a plugged cigar put it back in the humi before you light. let it sit there for a year or two and then try again. it may UNPLUG over time.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    if you draw test and its a plugged cigar put it back in the humi before you light. let it sit there for a year or two and then try again. it may UNPLUG over time.
    Have you experienced this personally? I've heard a few people say this but no one has actually accomplished it.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    kuzi16:
    do you try poking from both ends?
    Must. Not. Say it.
  • Options
    urbino:
    kuzi16:
    do you try poking from both ends?
    Must. Not. Say it.
    SAY IT! SAY IT!
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Heh. Nah, we gotta let at least a couple of threads stay on course. Besides, everybody can easily make up their own joke on that one.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    Have you experienced this personally? I've heard a few people say this but no one has actually accomplished it.
    yes. i had a gurkha regent that did this. it turned out that i had my RH at 70 and when i switched to 65% it unplugged. dont get me wrong, it was still on the tight side but smokeable.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    GaryK:
    do you try poking from both ends? would that help at all?
    heres another thought:
    Damn kuzi put it in the humidor for a year or two !!! Screw that, throw it out and buy a new one. I don't want to be reminded of how pissed I was every time I open the box, forget it and move on..
  • Options
    kuz, was that cigar cut when you put it back in the humi?
  • Options
    yes it was cut.
  • Options
    Thats probably what caused it to slightly unplug. letting a cut cigar rest will cause the filler to dry out some, slightly loosening the draw.
  • Options
    well... how else was i supposed to know it was plugged without cutting it? who cares why it works (ok i care a bit) just be glad that it does.
  • Options
    LOL good point, you would have to cut it.