Home Non Cigar Related

SuperBowl Friday/Monday???????

WOW!!! Just saw on news that because of weather conditions expected on SuperBowl Sunday NFL is considering on moving the SuperBowl up to Friday or pushed back to Monday!!! WTF????? SuperBowl is not SuperBowl on any other day but Sunday. Your thoughts????

Comments

• reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    if its on friday, i can drink more beer, without having to pay the price at work monday morning!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Friday would be cool! Gimme a day to sleep off the hangover:)
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    reggie713:
    if its on friday, i can drink more beer, without having to pay the price at work monday morning!
    Beat me to it LOL!!!
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Friday would be cool! Gimme a day to sleep off the hangover:)
    LOL - too funny

I couldn't imagine trying to make plans to go not knowing for sure what damn day it was on.
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I don't care which day they play it. I will still be watching. Moving an event as big as the SB to a different day due to cold snowy weather is kind of silly when you consider that a couple of generations ago, most all the games were subject to weather because very few of the stadiums were domes. You just played a championship game in whatever the weather was that day. This move by the league makes the ice bowl seem like a million years ago. Hopefully in the future the league will award Super Bowls to cold weather cities with a closed stadium or a nice warm weather city. Enjoy the cold. Next year it's back to AZ and I live 7 miles from Cards stadium
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    One more reason this Super Bowl will suck. Not the game. Should be a good game, but I can't imagine going. Cold as crap, very limited parking, no tailgating allowed, oh and we might change the day of the game so hope you didn't have travel plans or hotel rooms booked. WTF?
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I listen to Mike & Mike In the Morning on ESPN. Last year, they had a discussion about moving the Super Bowl to Saturday. Apparently, the absentee rate on the Monday after the Super Bowl is staggering. If they move it to Saturday, you'd have a day to recover before the work week arrives.

However, I'm old enough to have seen the first Super Bowl as an adult, and I kind of like the Sunday thing. It just seems to work. As much as I would have liked to have home field advantage if the Giants didn't suck this year, I think a cold weather event is stupid!

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    For f***'s sake, though, I gotta commute past that place at 5 PM on friday...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the future, I'd be glad to see it played on Saturday or Friday. Sunday's fine too except they start too late. As far as changing the date for weather? That's gonna screw over a bunch of folks going to the game. They shouldn't do that.