Home Non Cigar Related

Great time for a space heater to flame out.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Going down to 8 and 9 degrees over the next two days and the darn thing went up in smoke. Guess the oven will be getting a work out along with our 4 footed heat generators. Brrrrrrrrrrr..........

I am ready for the season change to come early, all this climate change is turning us into ice cycles.

Comments

• dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    oh no thats terrible! How do you normally heat your home? we rely on Propane and its just terrible! The heat is noce but the cost is rediculous!

Aj
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Going down to 8 and 9 degrees over the next two days and the darn thing went up in smoke. Guess the oven will be getting a work out along with our 4 footed heat generators. Brrrrrrrrrrr..........

I am ready for the season change to come early, all this climate change is turning us into ice cycles.

What exactly do you mean by flaming out?
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    oh no thats terrible! How do you normally heat your home? we rely on Propane and its just terrible! The heat is noce but the cost is rediculous!

Aj

We have an HVAC system that went south after an electrical store and have been relying on space heaters and donated window AC units. It will take some time and we will get the HVAC up and running. Kinda like camping out and there are plenty of dogs to go round.
    RBeckom:
    jd50ae:

My step son and his wife were over for a supervised visit and he went into my wife's "studio" and smoke was pouring out of the Lasko Tower. I guess it could have been a lot worse.
    jd50ae:
    RBeckom:
    jd50ae:

My step son and his wife were over for a supervised visit and he went into my wife's "studio" and smoke was pouring out of the Lasko Tower. I guess it could have been a lot worse.

No hope for it then unless one of the primary wires where it connects burned through, then if this is the case A new crimp connector would work, just did a similar job on my daughters artificial fire place. They do smoke profusely when this happens, might be worth a try.
    RBeckom:
    jd50ae:
    RBeckom:
    jd50ae:

No hope for it then unless one of the primary wires where it connects burned through, then if this is the case A new crimp connector would work, just did a similar job on my daughters artificial fire place. They do smoke profusely when this happens, might be worth a try.

I am actually about to take the cover off and check the connections....maybe I'll luck out and I can take Little Guy out of my shirt, all though he seems to like it there. :)
    No joy, the motor is gone to its happy hunting ground.
    jd50ae:
    No joy, the motor is gone to its happy hunting ground.

Sad news indeed in this weather.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey could be worse. Could be these poor Cajuns fixin to get snow and ice in the next few. They're just not built for the stuff.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the bad part is when areas that don't normally get this weather, do.. Here in Illinois we sort of grow accustom to it, It's nothing new. We Gripe about it, but know how to deal with it. Hang in there guys, warmer days are coming.
  • dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    webmost:
    Hey could be worse. Could be these poor Cajuns fixin to get snow and ice in the next few. They're just not built for the stuff.

Tell me about it! I can't handle all of this cold weather.