Home Ratings & Reviews

Third times the charm ? Nope (4th did it)

SO ... not a great cigar day..
started with a ??unknown?? black crown - black and gray band with a crown image on it ...
was like a large strong non filtered Camel cigarette with a swisher sweet tobacco paper taste (not the sweetness - just the crappy tobacco flavor you want to spit out from the paper end)
went from that to a 555 series Victor Sinclair yellow, gold & black label ...
wasn't to bad for the first 3/4 inch - a (very slight) pepper/woodsy "short" finish but then BAM total hay and moss flavor after that
then I tried a random flavored from my wife's cooler a South Beach "Nag Champa" green label ...
Oh My God, it was F-ing awful ! ! ! kinda like rotted, stale, dirty potpourri with a hint of ****
so as the saying goes . . . I'm out lol . . .need to not try again today I'm thinking - give my poor taste buds a little rest O-o

pic's below show them as far as I was able to smoke them lol

Comments

• MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had the black crown and i liked it. Haven't tried the other two. Maybe try another one later for a fourth attempt just for the sh!ts and giggles of it. :)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Well I have never heard of a Nag Champa flavored so I would not expect too much. The Victor Sinclair, you should have known better.. Not a fan. In fact, the only cigar line I have never found one to my liking. And the Black Crown, I actually liked the ones I have smoked. It surprises me that you had such a bad experience with them since they seem to be fairly well reviewed around here. Hang in there, you will find that one stick that hits you just right.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    goodness man.... are you a glutton for punishment?

Aj
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Might have just been "one of those days", ya the VS I have learned here to be wary of, but thought I would try it since it was in the ol cooler, the black crown wasn't all that bad really just to much like a cigarette to me, not opposed to trying another some other time to compare it to, and ya the naga champa, thought oh what the hell might as well check it out since my wife has had it for quite a while and couldn't get herself to try it based on the package scent alone lol
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    honorknight7:
    Might have just been "one of those days", ya the VS I have learned here to be wary of, but thought I would try it since it was in the ol cooler, the black crown wasn't all that bad really just to much like a cigarette to me, not opposed to trying another some other time to compare it to, and ya the naga champa, thought oh what the hell might as well check it out since my wife has had it for quite a while and couldn't get herself to try it based on the package scent alone lol
    Nag Champa instantly conjures images of a head shop. funny that somebody would infuse a cigar with that!

Aj
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Dang Honor, just chalk it up as "one of those days" hit a different stick tomorrow :)
    ok, so went to lunch with the wife and when we got home I decided to try one more lol
    lit up a San Lotano Bull, Nice cigar turned the day right around, was a good smoke with nice flavors, One question...
    It had some woodsy flavor like oak & cedar, but a hint of something I couldn't pinpoint ..pine maybe ?? not sure, but with a little leather & earthiness and super mild pepper it was a Great fix for the day. Dont remember who sent this one to me but Thank You :)image
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Amazed you could taste anything 3 in! ;)Love the San Lotanos, just had my first bull.
    Rain:
    Amazed you could taste anything 3 in! ;)Love the San Lotanos, just had my first bull.
    lol will usually have 2-3 a day on average anyway, just never had trouble of more then one in the days mix :)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    That San Lotano hits a lot of pallets in the right way.. Glad you finally found a winner. I know that pine taste you mention. Not a bad thing, but rather distinct in the retrohale.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Big fan of the San Lotano Oval