Home Pipes

The Pipe Bomb Thread

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
Figured I'd start a thread, since G4L pretty much raped me with this pipe bomb... It's funny because I have been thinking more and more about pipe tobacco lately and my tastes are growing. I have three pipes now, lost two in a Johnny Walker's Blue episode..., and will be buying more and keeping a stash in my truck at all times. So without further adieu, this is what Gray sent me:

As much of a Henke **** I am, I am more excited about the pipe tobacco lol! Six different blends, including the Orlick Gold tin I keep hearing about. Thanks again for the hookup Gray. Been wanting to try the Trout Stream specifically as well, and have not had any of the six blends. I cannot wait to dive into these blends. And I am very excited to review the AJ Spectre once it settles a bit.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you enjoy every bit of it!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    It's like starting cigar smoking all over again... Every bowl is virgin to me and a new experience man. So stoked...
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    catfishbluezz:
    It's like starting cigar smoking all over again... Every bowl is virgin to me and a new experience man. So stoked...
    Nice hit Gray! I love reading about the bomb's this too could be a great thread. Catfish you are right, pipe tobacco is such a different profile that it is a new experience. I have smoked cigars now for 21 years but the pipe is something I picked up a little more than 3 yrs ago. Personally, I think it has also helped me find more elements in the cigars too but that is just me.

I am very intersted in AJ's news blend, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it as well.
    J.S.:
    catfishbluezz:
    Nice hit Gray! I love reading about the bomb's this too could be a great thread. Catfish you are right, pipe tobacco is such a different profile that it is a new experience. I have smoked cigars now for 21 years but the pipe is something I picked up a little more than 3 yrs ago. Personally, I think it has also helped me find more elements in the cigars too but that is just me.

I am very intersted in AJ's news blend, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it as well.
    The finish of pipe is so different, and given the ghosting, you really cannot give in depth accurate reviews, so it is more a matter of taste. It's like you find an overall profile that just kicks ass. I am working on a few of my own blends right now, and will send them out once I complete them. I am really happy with pipe, and honestly, love smoking it while I am driving. Very relaxing for that.
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    Orlik tastes very good. Has distinct citrus notes and a bit of a nic kick.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J.S.:
    catfishbluezz:

It's not just you, it's like a whole new dimension opens up. Rounds out the whole experience, to me.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    Glad to see you guys are really getting into it. I can foresee Y'all eventually buying whole leaf and cutting up yourself. Another whole dimension. Plus whole leaf is an agricultural product and not a tobacco product.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Nice hit.i wonder if this will draw some special law enforcement attention because the thread is called " the pipe bomb thread"
    pilgrimtex:
    Glad to see you guys are really getting into it. I can foresee Y'all eventually buying whole leaf and cutting up yourself. Another whole dimension. Plus whole leaf is an agricultural product and not a tobacco product.
    Going to grow my own this summer! Maybe I will order some kind of golden Va seeds too...
    *** YOU TAY YOU WILL DIE WTF AM I GOING TO DO WITH ALL THIS DAMN PIPE TOBACCO!!!!

This is just plain ridiculous.... Very excited to start blending with some of this bulk
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I was just passing along some tobacco that I wasn't going to use to someone who would!
    catfishbluezz:
    WTF AM I GOING TO DO WITH ALL THIS DAMN PIPE TOBACCO!!!!
    Lol! I've said this before... then I thought again. Enjoy it!
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Hot Damn what a hit! Thats like an easy 6 months of smoking right there!

Aj
    Very nice hit Taylor! Enjoy, that should keep you busy for a while!
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    The cinn sounds interesting. How is it? Sweet or spicy?
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    WOW, looks like you are set on pipe tobacco for a while.
    So Gray and I did a trade a while back and he snuck this tin in on me. I totally spaced until I just looked at it before unpacked a bowl! My bad I forgot, wanted to give him a shoutout. image
    Hope you like it! I thought it sounded pretty good, but I think you may enjoy it more than me
    Gray4lines:
    Hope you like it! I thought it sounded pretty good, but I think you may enjoy it more than me
    yeah bro, Virginias+burley+cav is right up my alley! I need to get more jars lol.
    Very nice to throw that in. I am a VA/Bur guy myself but tend to like straight blends more. It does sound intersting.