Home General Discussion

Bomb etiquit

flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
Is it propar to inquire to your target if the bomb landed?

Comments

• New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    flowbee:
    I usually give 24hrs. never know what is going on, for their end. There have been boxes that said they landed, but never arrived. address typos, etc. (ok, that was me)
  • dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    I'm not sure, but if you saved the DC or tracking number you can usually check those to see. Also, most bombs are posted in the trades, bombs, passes page once received as far as I can tell.
    Since I know what bomb this is, we would have heard about it.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Definitely. Probably through pm first though. In fact I just got a pm from someone wondering if a package landed (it had not). In my case I have to drive about a mile to get my mail at a centralized box and it often gets delivered late afternoon or evening so if they haven't delivered by the time I drive passed on my way home from work then it waits until the next day unless I know it is there. And of course we are all busy so as boots mentioned give them a day.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impatient much? LOL
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Impatient much? LOL
    I am!
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Well, for the record Flowbee, I have NOT gotten anything from you....yet! ;) Hope that helps. Seriously, though as others have said, give it some time. Not everyone is quick to post pics or even words. Obviously you know your target and if you see them on and active and still no mention AND the tracking number shows it landed...then perhaps a gentle inquiry might be necessary...but sadly, it shouldnt be needed unless you specifically told him NOT to post. However, since you are publicly asking, it is apparent that it wasnt.
    Well, for the record Flowbee, I have NOT gotten anything from you....yet! ;) Hope that helps.

Seriously, though as others have said, give it some time. Not everyone is quick to post pics or even words. Obviously you know your target and if you see them on and active, especially if they have shown the ability to post pics and still no mention AND the tracking number shows it landed...then perhaps a gentle inquiry might be necessary...but sadly, it shouldnt be needed unless you specifically told him NOT to post. However, since you are publicly asking, it is apparent that it wasnt.
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearb:
    Well, for the record Flowbee, I have NOT gotten anything from you....yet! ;)
    lol, yeah I'm going to my mailbox too to see if I got any Opus Xs from Flowbee and I will post a pic later. hahahaha =)
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, Royln, Redrex, and AJ, check your mail dudes! I don't care about etiquette :)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Impatient much? LOL
    LOL excited more than impatient!! USPS says it landed, but I hope it didn't blow his neighbors house apart!!
    SleevePlz:
    Hey, Royln, Redrex, and AJ, check your mail dudes! I don't care about etiquette :)
    Oh im soo in with that!! No more Mr etiquette!!!
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Check!!! Mailbox was offically blown clear down the street.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with PM'ing a person to see if they got it.
    If folks are like me, I don't often get to the mailbox for a few days, mostly because by the time I get home, I'm too lazy to go down to the mailbox and check it or I forget to check it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    0patience:
    Nothing wrong with PM'ing a person to see if they got it.
    If folks are like me, I don't often get to the mailbox for a few days, mostly because by the time I get home, I'm too lazy to go down to the mailbox and check it or I forget to check it.
    Maybe you should go ahead, and head down there
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    smoke em if you got em:
    SleevePlz:
    Check!!! Mailbox was offically blown clear down the street.
    Okay, okay! I don't know if I can get up and down my stairs a third time today (three flights of stairs + snow/sleet + crutches = not a good idea) but I'll hobble down there bright and early tomorrow morning. There's a 90% chance its in the office and not the box, and they closed 2 hours ago.

You've got me all excited now! I swear, the one day we didn't check mail X(
    flowbee:
    Did you really just hit me?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    0patience:
    flowbee:
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    New Boots:
    0patience:
    flowbee:
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    This dude's been on the forum less than 2 weeks and hits me?
    You realize I will have to make an example of him?
    And Boot boy, this will be on you and Eric.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    0patience:
    New Boots:
    0patience:
    flowbee:
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    This dude's been on the forum less than 2 weeks and hits me?
    You realize I will have to make an example of him?
    And Boot boy, this will be on you and Eric.
    It's possible I had previous knowledge of this
    0patience:
    flowbee:
    image Nobody hitting nobody around here!!!
    Chris,
    I like your style! 2 weeks on the forum and you are fitting in well with those that like to throw sticks and stones and the odd hand-grenade at each other. Now can you maybe do something about that big pic in your footnote? ;)
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    Aight, USPS lied to somebody, we only had my ccom package and one from SleevePlz come in; I'll keep my eyes peeled for the others tomorrow and Monday. No idea whats got them taking so long if they said it was good online. *shrug*