Home Ratings & Reviews

Spectre

AJF is easily my very favorite master cigar blender and maker. No one else comes remotely close for me. That being said, this one, The Spectre, it's a non traditional blend in a big way. It tastes like nothing I've had before, and just isn't my cup of tea. I would imagine pipe smokers would enjoy this one, as the aromatics are very pleasant. I'm too much of a purist to enjoy something like this. Well made, smokes real well, nice even burn, and a ton of smoke. The flavor profile is what takes it off my radar. Not bad by any means, just not traditional or something I could ever get used to. I imagine this blend contains a fair amount of smoky (almost like the small of liquid smoke)tasting Latakia terbaccy. In many ways the aroma reminds me of my  father in law, who smoked a pipe. He's no longer with us, and I miss him. He would have enjoyed this stick for sure. Hey, I tried it. That's all ya can do! Back to my standard issue AJF treasures!

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Got any you'd like to trade?
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    I'll pick up a single to try.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been eyeing that one.
    It was on the sprint sale earlier and I almost bit on it, but not knowing much about it, I passed on it.
    May have to rethink that one.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I'll be reviewing it in the coming weeks. I cannot wait honestly.
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    There is already a thread about this stick. It's a good stick. Not an everyday smoke, but good. It's what I expected out of the KFC. BBQ smokey flavors, a hint of coffee and some oak
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Trident:
    There is already a thread about this stick. It's a good stick. Not an everyday smoke, but good. It's what I expected out of the KFC. BBQ smokey flavors, a hint of coffee and some oak
    +1, not something I'd smoke everyday but I did enjoy it. Great construction,burn,clouds of smoke, and good flavor.