Home Cigar 101
Options

Nicaraguan natural sun-grown corojo wrapper

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I was reading a post and noticed that Kuzi described what sounded to me like the ultimate powerhouse.
kuzi16:
ive found that the slower you smoke the less pepper you have in a cigar.
i find that nicaraguan tobacco tends to be a bit spicier than similar tobacco grown in other countries.
i find that sun grown is a bit spicier than shade grown
i find that higher priming leaves tend to be spicier than lower
i find that Natural wrappers tend to be spicier than maduro or oscuro.
corojo has more spice to it than many other strains

so if you want spice, go with a nicaraguan natural sun-grown corojo wrapper with a fair amount of nicaraguan ligero filler and a nicaraguan binder.

if you wanna back down the spice a bit, try maduro wrappers, honduran tobacco, shade grown tobacco, middle or lower primings, and less ligero.

of course these are just rules of thumb.
there are cigars out there that have things that would point to more spice but they are not.
I did a quick google search and found two that matched this description, Rocky Patel Havana Corojo and Oliveros Sun Grown Reserve. Does anybody know of any others?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    J. Fuego Gran Reserva Corojo.
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Very interesting!

I will be paying attention to this thread cause I do like the spice. Funny cause I also like maduro but apparently it would be less spicy then something with a diffent wapper.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Try an oscuro wrapper. It will have more power and spice than a Maduro and maybe more than some sungrown.