Home Cigar 101
Options

Humicare power stick

New cigar smoker here. I bought a 50 ct humidor and 35 cigars. I seasoned the humidor and installed the humicare power stick. I could never keep the humidity level over about 61-62%. I put the power stick away and instead put the regular black "puck" foam humidifier that comes with most humidors. That put the humidity right near 70%! Why does the power stick not work? It is designed for 50+ cigars

Comments

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    These are normally used for travel humidors I would recommend using two-three of them
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Ah. That actually makes sense. Thanks! Ill keep it around for added humidity or whatever else
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Dump the puck though....gel, beads, KL....puck bad.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, the puck is OK to use for now. The pucks are bad when they over-humidify or when they mold. But as long as you are certain the hygrometer is giving you correct readings, use that puck. Just be aware that over time they will mold.
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Actually, the puck is OK to use for now. The pucks are bad when they over-humidify or when they mold. But as long as you are certain the hygrometer is giving you correct readings, use that puck. Just be aware that over time they will mold.
    Yeah, guess I didn't explain that real well, huh?
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Bob Luken:
    Yeah, guess I didn't explain that real well, huh?

See CCOM MATH (Better Help 101)