Home General Discussion

Repost - regarding CCOM Daily Deals

2»

Comments

• ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭

NYHCx516x:
    Being new to the cigar world (well, been in it for a while, but now im starting to know what im doing...) I would love to see some samplers on the Daily Deal. I will usually only bite on it if its something I already know I like. I hesitate to get a pack of something that I dont know if I'll like. Would hate to have 4 cigars that I dont really like taking up humi space. Samplers... I can try stuff out, if I like.. i can buy more... if i dont like one thats in there... no worries... its the only one.. .and I have some others to try out :)

I can second that

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    NYHCx516x:
    Being new to the cigar world (well, been in it for a while, but now im starting to know what im doing...) I would love to see some samplers on the Daily Deal. I will usually only bite on it if its something I already know I like. I hesitate to get a pack of something that I dont know if I'll like. Would hate to have 4 cigars that I dont really like taking up humi space. Samplers... I can try stuff out, if I like.. i can buy more... if i dont like one thats in there... no worries... its the only one.. .and I have some others to try out :)
    not that i dont want you to buy the daily deals....

if you get in on the trading threads you will be sent cigars that you would normally not buy. its a great way to try new things. every time i jump into the PIF or win a F&G i get a package with at least one cigar that i have not had.

on that note...
    samplers in the daily deal would be sweet.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I stopped ordering online and just call and ask for Tim now (although anyone at Ccom is a good solid choice). I've never had a complaint.

I think daily deal samplers is a good idea, but on a limited basis, like once a week or so.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:

I think daily deal samplers is a good idea, but on a limited basis, like once a week or so.

I agree. Samplers are a good thing occasionally but I've just about stopped buying 'em unless they have specific sticks that I want in 'em. They're much better for folks who are still trying to find out what they like and what they don't.

Marty

• NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Also, to add.... you guys rock. I think what you did to overcome the MoW sellout was above and beyond. You guys have some of the best customer service (regardless of industry) there is.
  • Wow am I ever missing out. I need to pay more attention
  • I must admit I was the chief A hole. I merely saw lots of pissed off people flaming and threw some napalm on the situation. It was entertaining to say the least. But it sure ended well with this response. How can you not like that? They addressed the problem, the cause and redress. First, when you are offering the #1 sold cigar at the site, maybe a cap would be in order, what could it hurt? It would ensure nobody glommed them all up and cameback back and gloated how they got some and you did not. That should have been done, and will probably be done next time around. It is better to spread the wealth among more customers, so many can find out what the buzz is all about. Second, when they do comeback in the desired or offered Robusto #2 size, everyone who missed out will be taken care of. Now that is why I am a loyal customer. Power to the people! And yes, I still enjoy 5 Vegas Miami Knuckles. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Doin it Froggy style...
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    My problem with the whole thing was that the guys here at Ccom always take good care of their customers. They go out of their way to make sure everyone is happy. The other site which was mentioned in the daily deal thread does in fact run out quite often. I had a friend pick up a couple samplers on their site and he got an email the next day saying "We aren't sure it happened, but we ran out." Life isn't fair... We get over it...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Thewelder:

j0z3r:
    T. Gervais:
    I think it would be great to see some camachos including the 1962, SC cuban cabinet which I still have never tried, 5 vegas CS II...uhm something by Torano like the signature maybe?
    They just did the Cuban Cabinet a few days ago, for the best one too, the #4 which is a damn flavor bomb.

I know they had the cuban cabinet for the weekend blitze three or four weeks ago.

It was also the daily deal on Monday.
  • timb:

Gentlemen, as always if there is something you want or are afraid you missed out on, email me at tblythe at cigar.com or service at cigar.com.  You'd be surprised at what I can do!

In terms of the Daily Deal yesterday...  MoW #2 - yes, we are sold out and I apologize that it sold out so quickly.  There were several larger than expected orders that took out big chunks of inventory.  Maybe a cap will be necessary in the future to ensure more of our customers can take advantage of every deal. 

That being said, never fear!  We will be getting more in a couple of weeks.  Any forum member that missed out, shoot me an email and I'm sure I can keep everyone happy, whether you are a tortoise or a frog or just some dude like me!

To the gentleman looking for more variety in the Daily Deals - I have Tempus, Decade, and many other brands available and would be more than happy to discuss with you what I have in stock.  Just email me at your convenience. 

Love the enthusiasm guys. ; )

Remember, you always have a team of reps waiting to help here just an email or phone call away!

Well, when I placed my order today I was informed that I missed out and I am SOL. Not exactly what you stated here. I also told the team rep gal that you stated those who missed out would be taken care of per this thread, had her check and she said, no. Are all of you on the same page or what?
  • timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

whoa, sorry Froggy.  All the forum guys can still get this deal, but obviously due to the discount I can't extend this to the world forever.  Didn't realize it was you, dude!

email me at your convenience...  tblythe @ cigar.com

I'll hook a Frog up!

• timb:

whoa, sorry Froggy.  All the forum guys can still get this deal, but obviously due to the discount I can't extend this to the world forever.  Didn't realize it was you, dude!

email me at your convenience...  tblythe @ cigar.com

I'll hook a Frog up!

I understand that. Already E Mailed you, and do not want to abuse your generosity, just want 1 @ that offer to try them. You could knock my current DCD quantity down to two and put the Ruination #2 in and adjust. Tia Tim.
  • timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    Hi Froggy.  Where did you send the email?  I don't see one from ya.  Make sure you send to tblythe @ cigar.com or service @ cigar.com (no spaces).  Thanks!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Tim, I sent you an email yesterday, wondering if you got it? thanks
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Nevermind, you seemed to have got it...
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    The #2 is back in stock it seems. I have a few coming in next week! Thank you for honoring the daily deal special price. Truly amazing customer service.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Ressurection of this thread from the stone ages!!! Was just gonna say that if someone was grabbing the Graycliff's today, I'd love to split or even just buy a 5er from them. I've liked the Graycliff's Ive tried and haven't had that one yet! PM me for details!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Call and see if they can do something for you?
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Call and see if they can do something for you?
    Good call, will do! Thanks!