Home Cigar 101

New Humior

ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
Got it seasoned and calibrated over the last few days... what do you guys think?

Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    that will fill fast.

better buy another one.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Jealous. You need more cigars ;)
    kuzi16:
    that will fill fast.

better buy another one.
    This
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice is always buy bigger. That will fill up quick. At one point I think I had 7 or 8 humidors because I kept running out of room. It is a nice humidor though. Listen to kuzi though and start searching for the next one.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    I do intented to go bigger but i did not have one when I found it on the devils site for 25 bucks and got it... Its holding steady at 70 for the last 6 hrs as well
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
    Some advice. I just noticed you have Acids in with other cigars. Anything that is flavored or infused you will want to place in a separate humidor or those flavors can bleed over into your regular cigars. I keep mine in a small 20 count humidor with the cigar bands on the lid. You can get one of those cheap.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Some advice. I just noticed you have Acids in with other cigars. Anything that is flavored or infused you will want to place in a separate humidor or those flavors can bleed over into your regular cigars. I keep mine in a small 20 count humidor with the cigar bands on the lid. You can get one of those cheap.
    +10.......and.... don't smoke Acids
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    jsnake:
    I got them in a sampler just to try... they are not my favorite so far. Is is ok just to keep them in the tin they came in then?
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    KingoftheCove:
    jsnake:
    I got them in a sampler just to try... they are not my favorite so far. Is is ok just to keep them in the tin they came in then?
    No. It would be best to keep them in a ziploc with a water pillow. If you don't have a water pillow they would be fine without a water pillow for a week or so but you might consider smoking them soon.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I tried the same thing with the DE Coffee infusion sampler. They are good sticks every once in a while, but I had to move them over to a tupperware container, because my humi got full and I had to move the regular sticks into my smaller one also. I'm pretty sure cigars multiply while you sleep.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Looks like its a Glass Top Humi next to a window. I would move that away from the window. My $.02
    KCW:
    Looks like its a Glass Top Humi next to a window. I would move that away from the window. My $.02
    Good eye Kieth. Good call.
  • i have the same one, works pretty well. theres only one problem, it does fill up too fast.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is a Humior..?
    It's a d-free humidor. Kinda like caffeine-free coke.
    KCW:
    Nice catch! I leave mine in the basement year round because it gets hot upstairs. Placement can be just as important for stable humidity.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Not enough room. You need to send me the LFD chisel to clear some space. Nice humi though.