Home Ratings & Reviews

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
I think we all continue zigging and zagging from brand to brand and line to line because every now and then we hope to find uppowoc so magnificent, smoke which so satisfies, that we can truly say: "That's me."

13 c'est moi.

Our BOTL alienmisprint alerted us to a smokin hot deal on cigars which have done a little zigging and zagging of their own. Originally issued as Nosotros in a failed partnership, stock bought by Outlaw, re-branded as "13", now on clearance elsewhere. Well-aged by accidental travail. I scored a bundle yesterday; smoked one last night.

The wrapper aroma was like damp leaves on the floor of a deciduous forest. Something you don't get out West. A hearty hardwood mulch that reminds you to hang your corn nuts and jerky in a bear bag at night. The foot added something floral. Unlit draw added cedar.

Once lit, nutmeg and earth jumped in with both feet. That ultra smooth, moody quality I love. Comes from a spicy cigar with plenty of age on it. Strong in flavor, zero bite, no pepper at all. A perfectly even slow burn. Small volume of thick smoke. Retrohale dry and woodsy. A floral note midway through. Plenty criollo throughout. Reminded me of Ave Maria and Torano 1916 Cam; two of my faves.

How long did this robusto last? Sitting in the TV room keeping Bearswatter company through half a recorded sitcom and two full recorded episodes of Dexter, plus a couple times on pause to fetch firewood, piss, fetch rye, and a couple "go back and see that again"s ... I gotta estimate two and a half hours of pure satisfaction. That's gettin your money's worth out of a robusto.

Minimal stinkfinger, powerful morning mouth, delicious next day.

I gotta say, though -- Bearswatter hated it. Even this morning she is **** how it still stinks in her TV room. Think I'll save these sticks until Spring. This cigar demands a Blue Ridge camp site with a gurgling creek. Makes me want to go oil the motorcycle chain and overhaul the duffel right now.

I tell you, somebody needs to get Nosotros back together, cause Us is me.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome review man, sounds like a great smoke!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    <33333 you Davis.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Glad you liked it! I haven't had any of the actual 13 branded ones yet, but the Nosotros was a fantastic cigar, I can't wait to fire one up when I get home.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great review, Davis! I've got one in the humi and now I want to dig it out and light it up!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice write up. I didn't know much of that info. They are right here in my backyard. Always liked those and thought I would never see another.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I got the source and when I went to buy them today, I see that they're sold out of robustos. Damn you guys and your hoarding!
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Wish I'd saved mine for warmer weather, too. Good smoke.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the review, Davis. It made my mouth water.

And 2.5 hours for a robusto, that's fantastic. Did it stay lit the entire time or did you have to do any "touch-ups" or relight it at all?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image>
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Love the review, Davis. It made my mouth water.

And 2.5 hours for a robusto, that's fantastic. Did it stay lit the entire time or did you have to do any "touch-ups" or relight it at all?
    I (almost) never re-light. That always ends in disaster.

Nope, no touch ups either. Thing just burnt slow and steady, small volume, nice straight line. Could've burnt longer, but my fingers were getting hot.

Tasted the durn thing all next day, too.

Convinced FX Smiths to roll some fire cured sotweed I scored from my bud the KY burley farmer. Thinking of firing one of those up tonight. Really stink the old lady out. Gonna be hung for a lamb, you might as well get hung for a sheep, right?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Very interesting, I have heard a ton about these from several folks. I love the Illusione line personally.
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Your review has me on the hunt fir this cigar, thanks for a great description.
  • dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    flowbee:
    Your review has me on the hunt fir this cigar, thanks for a great description.

Same here, great review!
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got a bundle. Letting them rest a little, but can't wait to try these.