Home Ratings & Reviews

Intemperance

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
I'm not much of a reviewer, but I will say that this little guy caught me by surprise. I really wasn't expecting much out of it, the only reason I picked it up was because the guy working at the shop told me it was a new release by Illusione. Come to find out, its made by RoMa Craft, the same people responsible for the Cro Magnon. I wasn't terribly impressed by the Cro-Mag, so when I found that out, I pretty much lost interest in the Intemperance. I finally fired it up yesterday, and man, it really was a pretty solid smoke. It started out really peppery, then after an inch and a half or so it mellowed out just a tad. It reminded me of some of DPG's older stuff, maybe the old black label? Super easy draw, tons of smoke, and a very bold flavor. I wouldn't mind picking one up every now and then. Unfortunately for me, lol, the two shops near me more than likely don't carry it.

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    That's because they're (IMO) not very good B&Ms. The one in Killeen's claim to fame right now is that they have Room 101 Namakubi. I do need to see if they have FTWs, though.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they do kind of blow. The one by Hooters at least has a friendly staff, but man their selection is ***. No Tatuaje, no Alec Bradley, very little My Father. Its funny that you mention the Namakubi, that's pretty much the only cigar I buy there, lol. The one in Harker Heights just stocks their B&M directly from CI, they even have some of the CI Legends in there, lol. And the staff there sucks man, remind me to tell you a story about the last time I bought something there.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    We could split a members box at the one in Heights....only $300 each :)
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    I'm not much of a reviewer, but I will say that this little guy caught me by surprise. I really wasn't expecting much out of it, the only reason I picked it up was because the guy working at the shop told me it was a new release by Illusione. Come to find out, its made by RoMa Craft, the same people responsible for the Cro Magnon. I wasn't terribly impressed by the Cro-Mag, so when I found that out, I pretty much lost interest in the Intemperance. I finally fired it up yesterday, and man, it really was a pretty solid smoke. It started out really peppery, then after an inch and a half or so it mellowed out just a tad. It reminded me of some of DPG's older stuff, maybe the old black label? Super easy draw, tons of smoke, and a very bold flavor. I wouldn't mind picking one up every now and then. Unfortunately for me, lol, the two shops near me more than likely don't carry it.
    hmmmm.....next time i go to my B&M that is a BIG Romacraft shop I might just have to grab you a few.

There is also an intemperance conny.....which is interesting.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    We could split a members box at the one in Heights....only $300 each :)

Right, lol. That place is ridiculous. Apparently they do a CHL class at the one by Hooter's, though, so that might be cool. I was gonna do it when I got back anyways, if I can do it in an environment where I can smoke a cigar during the class, might as well, right?

brianetz1:
    hmmmm.....next time i go to my B&M that is a BIG Romacraft shop I might just have to grab you a few.

There is also an intemperance conny.....which is interesting.

I appreciate the offer, but no need to go out of your way. Its not something I would want stocked up at all times, just one of those things that I might stop in and pick up one of every now and then. How is the conny, though?
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Loved everything I have tried so far from RoMa Craft. In my opinion the first release stuff is the best. You'll know if it is first release stuff if it has no bands. Had to make my own to remind myself what they are. I can still find the originals every so often at a local BnM. The bands that just say Intemperance on them are the 2nd years releases and later. Enjoy!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Intemperance maduro is excellent IMO. The conny is a bit woody for my tastes, but I thought the maddy was well worth the $$$.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    If you guys want the original Roma crafts I can still get them. The b&m by my school has a bunch of htf stuff...prices can be steep but the have the original perdomo silvios...the ones in the coffins. But I can check on pricing If you want
    Money can't buy taste