Home Ratings & Reviews

Gurkha Micro-Batch Liga VH-7 text message review!

Disclaimer: This was my second cigar of the night and I'm a few drinks in. So enjoy the hilarity that ensued tonight.

Back story: I received a sampler of the micro-batch a few weeks ago for free with a good size order that I placed through ccom. I have not had many Gurkha's, and there are quite a few "haters" out there that bash on Gurkha due to their high prices and snazzy presentation. I had no clue what this thing was going to taste like since I hadn't read any reviews just yet on this baby.

Anywho, I already had a decent cigar buzz going from the 7.1 inch Padilla Achilles I smoked before this one, and I'd had a few Crown and Cokes with it as well. I continued with the Crown throughout the Gurkha, much to my Wife's dismay. But what was I supposed to do? Drink water? Screw that! It was a gorgeous night - gotta take advantage before the good weather goes away! ...ok, on to the review.

Presentation: It's a Gurkha - you know it looks awesome. Quit hating! The guy is sharpening his sweet knife/sword thing. The box press is perfect, and it smells great.

Burn and draw: I cut this one just right, a very easy draw. The burn was almost perfect the whole time, with only one correction-light with a match about half way through. It produced tons of white, billowing smoke the entire way through.

Text message review: Yeah, that's right. I don't have the flowery adjectives, or the experienced pallet to write a fancy review. I'm just going to share with you the text messages I sent to my brother-in-law, who sadly didn't call me until after the cigar was finished. I'll just say I was not expecting much from this cigar.

Initial light-up: 12:15am

12:31am"Holy Balls! You need to call me. This thing is AWESOME."

12:38am "Dude. This is questionably my favorite this year since the Pre Embargo."

12:53am "UUUUHHH!!! That's the sound of me smoking Megan's Fox's a$$!"

1:12am "OMG I have a horrendous cigar buzz."

1:20am "Going to vomit. Can't. Stop. Smoking. BLAAAAAAAGH!!!!"

1:45am "Nubbed it. Didn't vomit - thank God. Life is not worth living until I get more of these."

After-thoughts:
So in all seriousness, this was one of the most enjoyable cigars I've ever had. Aside from the middle, it was medium bodied and an easy smoke. The aftertaste was so silky smooth, I had to keep telling myself to wait in between puffs. I can't describe the flavor of the cigar, it was definitely unlike any other cigar I've had except one: I compared it directly to the 2007 CAO Vision Prana that I had a year ago where I about died every puff, but this was stronger in the middle. It is safe to say I will be buying more of these.

Taste changes: The first half of this one was so smooth and silky - no other way to describe it. In the middle (see 1:12am text and 1:20am text) the flavor and aftertaste got much heavier and stronger. For about ten to fifteen minutes. It wasn't bitter, just STRONG and darker. Then it returned to the original silk/Megan Fox flavor which allowed my cigar buzz to level off. Good thing, cause I was about to set this one down.

Comments

• MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Am I the only male on the planet who isn't attracted to Megan Fox?

Also, nice review! I've had the microbatch 4 pack in my humidor for about 2 weeks now. Can't wait to smoke them!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    MAJORdorMo:
    Am I the only male on the planet who isn't attracted to Megan Fox? Also, nice review! I've had the microbatch 4 pack in my humidor for about 2 weeks now. Can't wait to smoke them!
    I'm sure there's plenty of gay men that aren't, but I'd have to speculate that a fair amount of even them are...

I like the Liga S-2 with some rest.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    MAJORdorMo:
    Am I the only male on the planet who isn't attracted to Megan Fox? Also, nice review! I've had the microbatch 4 pack in my humidor for about 2 weeks now. Can't wait to smoke them!
    Yeah, I don't think she is all that. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't kick her out of bed or anything, but she is far from being in my top ten.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    cabinetmaker:
    MAJORdorMo:
    I'm sure there's plenty of gay men that aren't, but I'd have to speculate that a fair amount of even them are...

She looks terrible.

imageimage
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    cabinetmaker:
    MAJORdorMo:

She looks terrible.

imageimage
    Yeah! Who likes a dirty woman like that! And look at this bullshit:

From Cigars

I wouldn't want this!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Man.. all you guys who hate on Megan Fox are SO full of it! She's freakin hot as hell, and that's just undeniable. It's ok - you don't have to go against the grain just to go against the grain!

TatuajeVI - That review was just awesome man. I love the text messages - if anything, I think it's a real indication of your enjoyment of that stick...anything that's compared to smoking Megan Fox's anything I'm just gonna have to try! LOL
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Don't give in, Hays! She's ugly!

Stay away from me!

Get off my chair!

This thread needs to be retitled "Gurkha Micro-Batch/Megan Fox pic thread"
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Don't get me wrong, she looks great in transformers but seeing outside that role does nothing for me. Now, Sarah Michelle Geller, Larisa Oleynik and Julia Stiles. They are freaking awesome!
    rwheelwright:
    Don't get me wrong, she looks great in transformers but seeing outside that role does nothing for me. Now, Sarah Michelle Geller, Larisa Oleynik and Julia Stiles. They are freaking awesome!
    Julia Stiles???? SERIOUSLY???? That chick looks like my sister, hands down... And that's just odd. And Sarah Michelle Gellar has a cute face, but a total stick figure! Dude...just strange choices, but to each their own I guess.

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Hays:
    rwheelwright:
    Julia Stiles???? SERIOUSLY???? That chick looks like my sister, hands down... And that's just odd. And Sarah Michelle Gellar has a cute face, but a total stick figure! Dude...just strange choices, but to each their own I guess.
    I like the cute girl next door type. Ever since I saw Julia Stiles play soccer I was hooked. I have a thing for women playing soccer and a pony tail. Have you ever watched buffy? If you have you'll understand why I like Sarah Michelle Geller.
    rwheelwright:
    Hays:
    rwheelwright:
    I like the cute girl next door type. Ever since I saw Julia Stiles play soccer I was hooked. I have a thing for women playing soccer and a pony tail. Have you ever watched buffy? If you have you'll understand why I like Sarah Michelle Geller.
    She was hot in Buffy! She kinda went all anorexic after a few other roles, though. Kinda looks a bit cracked out these days as I remember. Don't get me wrong - I'd still hit it. Course she just had a baby...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I like the micro's, though I wouldn't put them at the top of my list. btw megan fox is hot but lacks a butt and chest. I do like her eyes though. her acting sucks.
    phobicsquirrel:
    megan fox is hot but lacks a butt and chest. I do like her eyes though. her acting sucks.
    Say whAt??? May I direct you to Ren's post above, picture number 3 (white undies)... I'm seeing some beautiful top aNd bottom right der(rier) ;-). Acting, yes, sucks. My balls. Cuz that's how I roll :-)

Nope not liking it too much.... google erica campbell, there's a babe.
    How could I ever forget Elisha Cuthbert. One word. AMAZING!
    phobicsquirrel:
    I like the micro's, though I wouldn't put them at the top of my list.
    Being the first one I've tried, I'm hoping this wasn't some kind of fluke. I had the C-10 last night - it was good, but not anywhere near like the VH-7. I'm going to pick up a few more singles of the VH-7 before I buy a box - age a few and smoke a couple sooner to make sure I wasn't crazy.
    rwheelwright:
    How could I ever forget Elisha Cuthbert. One word. AMAZING!
    yeah but her acting is horrible.... she will always be in my head as a meal for cougars.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice review! Made me laugh hard. I have been enjoying the micro batch series since they were released. My favorite is the Liga S-2 torpedo and since it is always back ordered where I buy I say it is many peoples favorite. Check it out if you haven't I have several of each in my humi. I just ordered the new Gurkha Empire Series III so maybe I can give my first shot at a review as soon as they come in.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome aboard jsnake ...lots of great BOTL here ...look forward to seeing your review of the Gurkha Empire as well ...the III, V and VI sound great to me ...Gene
  • I'll be, just nubbed an S-2 torp... fine smoke.
    anyone planning on getting all six of the empires? if you do shoot me a pm and maybe we can work something out....
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will have some III's to trade for sure. I wanted to buy more but just can't afford it right now.