Home Cigar 101

No Cello at the B&M

When you go in to the B&M how do you select sticks without cello on? Such as Tatuaje. I like to feel it up to make sure the one I get has good construction, but I don't wanna get my fingers all over a cigar if I'm not sure I'll buy that one, cause I wouldn't wanna put it back.

Comments

• ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    depends on how much room is in the box. If there is, I will roll it side to side in the box, just touching it lightly. Just by touching I can usually tell if its too dry or too moist and the oil of the wrapper. If the box is packed, then I pull it out by the foot and give that a gentle squeeze and a light sniff. Its usually rare that if I am intrigued enough to pull the cigar out of the box that I don't buy it. cello on or off.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I try to pick it up by the band if I have to handle one without cello, and usually by the time I'm grabbing something, my mind is made up anyway.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    I carefullly examine all of my B&M purchases. I gently check press it briefly, and rigirously visually inspect it. If the store has an issue with that then that makes up my mind and I take my business elsewhere.
  • I don't do a lot of squeezing because I trust my B&M to humidify correctly, But I always look and make sure the cap is applied correctly, which can't really be seen though the cello.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    nsezell:
    When you go in to the B&M how do you select sticks without cello on? Such as Tatuaje. I like to feel it up to make sure the one I get has good construction, but I don't wanna get my fingers all over a cigar if I'm not sure I'll buy that one, cause I wouldn't wanna put it back.
    Without Cello I always grab it by the band... I don't really check it out too much and I never squeeze it with bare leaf to finger.

If I've picked it up it's because I know what i want or I've heard so much about it...

To me, squeezing and sniffing is like going to a Hot Dog vendor and touching the dogs before you buy... if you don't like a certain hot dog, would you put it back?
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Normally, I'm with Lasabar on this one. I don't mess with them much. Today, I picked out a couple CAO Visions that run over $15 a stick. I did a little more prodding and feeling with these ones than I would have with lesser expensive sticks.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    nsezell:
    Without Cello I always grab it by the band... I don't really check it out too much and I never squeeze it with bare leaf to finger.

If I've picked it up it's because I know what i want or I've heard so much about it...

To me, squeezing and sniffing is like going to a Hot Dog vendor and touching the dogs before you buy... if you don't like a certain hot dog, would you put it back?
    lol, yeah I would hate having some dirty fingered guy groping my cigar without protection.... My shop has signs all over saying no touching cigars or feeling them up. I agree but at the same time I am picky. Though they have a good walk in and you really don't know unless you smoke it. Most of my cigars at my house aren't soft, as I keep my Humi about 62ish.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    phobicsquirrel:
    Lasabar:
    nsezell:

lol, yeah I would hate having some dirty fingered guy groping my cigar without protection.... My shop has signs all over saying no touching cigars or feeling them up. I agree but at the same time I am picky. Though they have a good walk in and you really don't know unless you smoke it. Most of my cigars at my house aren't soft, as I keep my Humi about 62ish.

The B&M with the best selection I go to has signs everywhere inside to not put the cigars to your nose -its unsanitary-I agree ...
    My B&M does not have those signs.... I'm wondering if there's boogers everywhere!!!

Actually it's not that big of a deal for I just buy from some guys in Pennsylvania (wink wink) and then I know my cigars are booger free...

Unless Alex is doing something to my sticks before shipping
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    Alex: "Hey tim, is that the order for Lasabar?"

Tim:"Yeah, don't worry I used the cigars that fell under the shelves and just put new bands on them"

Alex: "wait let me add some boogers, that way he won't know how old they are"
    ironhorse:
    Alex: "Hey tim, is that the order for Lasabar?"

Tim:"Yeah, don't worry I used the cigars that fell under the shelves and just put new bands on them"

Alex: "wait let me add some boogers, that way he won't know how old they are"
    Dammit... I knew it!