Home Ratings & Reviews

oliva serie v

Well this stick started off probably the first inch a peppery powerhouse with undertones of earth and mushroom which was very good. The pepper hit you but in a good way and let you know you were smoking a nice cigar. Then after that it settled down and you could taste more of the earthy tones. I usually dont get a great second half of a cigar but this 1 is really coming through for me. The pepper has gone away to just earthy tones at the band point (robusto size?). All in all i believe this has got to be 1 of my more enjoyable cigars. I have tried the other serie cigars in my younger smoking experience and they were too strong so i need to go back for a fresher course with them but this is an amazing stick. Too bad i only bought 1 but thats what they make credit cards for, i think thats why?

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I love the maduro's, but I have one V left so I need to light it up and give them another shot. I have told myself not to touch the maduro's for some time.
    I lit up my last V and after a while in the humi it tasted much better than the first time I had it. Stayed mellow throughout and had a toasty taste. I might pick some more up if I see 'em. I still like the maduro more, wish they didn't stop making those...
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    phobicsquirrel:
    I lit up my last V and after a while in the humi it tasted much better than the first time I had it. Stayed mellow throughout and had a toasty taste. I might pick some more up if I see 'em. I still like the maduro more, wish they didn't stop making those...
    I smoked a few fresh out of the mail and wasn't quite sure what the hype was over the V. Good, but not what I was expecting. I saved one and smoked it a year later and WOW what a difference. I haven't tried the maduro - looks like I probably won't. Boo.
    TatuajeVI:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I smoked a few fresh out of the mail and wasn't quite sure what the hype was over the V. Good, but not what I was expecting. I saved one and smoked it a year later and WOW what a difference. I haven't tried the maduro - looks like I probably won't. Boo.
    my feelings too, the flavors really settled.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    there is at least a glimmer of hope that there will be more.

also
    i agree that the V does age well. i have a few in the aging humidor - i think. if not ill have to get more.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:

also
    i agree that the V does age well. i have a few in the aging humidor - i think. if not ill have to get more.
    I was speaking with the owner of my local B&M a few weeks ago along with the rep for Oliva that was there and they said there will be more Oliva V Maduros coming out I believe in 2010. They are also supposed to do more sizes than the tordedo.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Just had another V Maduro last night and they are smoking very good right now. I just wish I had more than what I have left.
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:

also
    I was speaking with the owner of my local B&M a few weeks ago along with the rep for Oliva that was there and they said there will be more Oliva V Maduros coming out I believe in 2010. They are also supposed to do more sizes than the tordedo.
    I wonder what they will change about it? Good news though.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:

also
    I wonder what they will change about it? Good news though.
    Yea I was curious about that too. From what the rep said it will be pretty much the same cigar. They had more of the wrapper but it wasn't near ready yet... I don't know if that is a bunch of B.S. or not, but I hope they are as good as the first run!
  • I heard the same thing from a rep at my B&M also. 2010 should bring some new V maduros, Oliva is pretty consistent so I'm sure they will just as good if not better than the originals.
    Bad Andy:
    I heard the same thing from a rep at my B&M also. 2010 should bring some new V maduros, Oliva is pretty consistent so I'm sure they will just as good if not better than the originals.
    I'm going to have to get a couple of boxes, as I really like them. So much in fact I haven't even opened my only box nor have I had any of my 4 loose ones.... But I'm out of the non V maduro variety so I have it down on the "list". I think around dec will be my next big order.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I got 7 maduro torpedos today from Tatuaje. I am super pumped!! I have wanted these for a long time and just couldnt get my hands on them. Hopefully they are as good I think they are going to be!
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    I am definetely targeting 1 of these eventually. Although I hope I dont get the mushroom flavor!