Home Cigar 101

Spiciest smokes?

blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
There was a thread a few years back that asked about everyones spiciest smoke, but a lot has changed in the last four years. Does anyone have a spicy smoke that they love? Does anyone find that the smaller ring gauges have more spice?

Smoking an Oliva Serie O #4 right now and this thing has got my mouth on fire, loving it.

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spice is hard for me to figure out. I like the Oliva O but I don't think it's very spicy. But then again, I can't really figure it out. How do you describe the spice sensation?
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    The MoW Little Devil is quite spicy.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Oliva O is not spicy at all. Try the Punisher instead.
  • TwoThingismTwoThingism Posts: 121
    The odyssey by Ramon Bueso is spicy to me. I love it.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    They had a mini-fad a couple of years ago where makers were trying to turn out the spiciest cigar they could. If I remember right, some were even treating the wrapper leaves with something to imbue more spice to them. The only one I really remember from then is the Pvnisher, not even sure if they still make them. The old Intenso was a pretty spicy cigar too, and I recall liking them a good bit.
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    I was given a Pvnisher, it was not so much "spicy" to me as it was like putting a 9volt battery on my lips, I do like to have a Hatuey Black pepper cigar now and then, is like a very peppery fried steak kinda flavor
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    Oliva O is not spicy at all. Try the Punisher instead.
    It's weird. I agree with all of the other Serie O's, but the little #4 petit corona is crazy spicy. It might be my palate or just this box. I did like the one punisher I had. It had more than just spice too good flavor as well.
    alienmisprint:
    They had a mini-fad a couple of years ago where makers were trying to turn out the spiciest cigar they could. If I remember right, some were even treating the wrapper leaves with something to imbue more spice to them. The only one I really remember from then is the Pvnisher, not even sure if they still make them. The old Intenso was a pretty spicy cigar too, and I recall liking them a good bit.
    Saw a 5 pack of these on one of the auction sites, might have to give it a whirl.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Spice is a very general word. Cinnamon is a spice, so is black pepper. Assuming you mean black pepper my vote goes towards MOW PA. Too much pepper for me to enjoy those things, don't like them at all. Of course, that's just me and my complete hatred for black pepper in my cigars.
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Cro Magnon Knuckle dragger is one hell of a spice bomb. Others- tat anarchy and apocolypse, my father
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    honorknight7:
    I was given a Pvnisher, it was not so much "spicy" to me as it was like putting a 9volt battery on my lips, I do like to have a Hatuey Black pepper cigar now and then, is like a very peppery fried steak kinda flavor
    At least you had the possibility of illuminating the idea lightbulb on your head, dropping any cigar with such a silly name in the tray and getting something more to your liking.

I've been curious about Cinnamon as a flavor profile in a cigar and tried the San Cristobal Revelation but it was either very, very subtle or my palate is not very sensitive.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Liga T-52 for me.

• Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    Try the Punisher instead.
    THIS! The punisher was almost too spicy. It wasn't bad though
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Can't stand them lol... However, if you want spice done right, the 1502 line is spicy as hell and blended very well. The Ezra Zion Tantrum, and Illusione Cruzado as well, are both spicy cigars made with quality tobacco.
    catfishbluezz:
    Can't stand them lol... However, if you want spice done right, the 1502 line is spicy as hell and blended very well. The Ezra Zion Tantrum, and Illusione Cruzado as well, are both spicy cigars made with quality tobacco.
    Nice I got a five pack of those Ezra's in the cooler now....Oh and thanks for the reco of the Nomads. Smoking one now and it is delicious.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    blutattoo:
    catfishbluezz:
    Nice I got a five pack of those Ezra's in the cooler now....Oh and thanks for the reco of the Nomads. Smoking one now and it is delicious.
    the Nica nomads? That's another that is not my cup of tea, but a damn good smoke
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Pvnisher. By far.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Spice is hard for me to figure out. I like the Oliva O but I don't think it's very spicy. But then again, I can't really figure it out. How do you describe the spice sensation?
    From his remark "my mouth is on fire" I'd guess he's talking pepper; not spice.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    blutattoo:
    There was a thread a few years back that asked about everyones spiciest smoke, but a lot has changed in the last four years. Does anyone have a spicy smoke that they love? Does anyone find that the smaller ring gauges have more spice?

Smoking an Oliva Serie O #4 right now and this thing has got my mouth on fire, loving it.
    This question alone. "Spiciest" cigar has, to me, been the most proplexing issues when it comes to cigars. For me it's like searching for Atlantis. I continue to smoke countless cigars, documenting their flavors and spice but more often than not end up disappointed. Some noteables: Don Pepin Lancerio, Joya de Nicaragua Anta
  • 1502 Black Gold is quite a little pepper pot. Seems to work on the lips and front of the tongue. Tasty.
    Darktower007:
    blutattoo:

This question alone. "Spiciest" cigar has, to me, been the most proplexing issues when it comes to cigars. For me it's like searching for Atlantis. I continue to smoke countless cigars, documenting their flavors and spice but more often than not end up disappointed. Some noteables: Don Pepin Lancerio, Joya de Nicaragua Anta
    Bad Daddy Rabbit:
    1502 Black Gold is quite a little pepper pot. Seems to work on the lips and front of the tongue. Tasty.
    I just placed an order with another site that sells those, too bad because I would have definitely got a five pack. Next time for sure.