Home Cigar 101
Options

Humi-Care EH Plus Electronic Humidifier

I am thinking about buying this humidifier, however, it would be too tall for my humidor. Does anyone know if this humidifier can be laid on its side?

Comments

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Really?! If it doesn't fit why use it?! Plus if it doesn't fit you don't need it and I'd you do you have more problems then you think
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    I think the bottom of the humidifier is a water cartridge which I dont think is a sealed unit. I wouldnt think you could lay it on it's side. You could always email a rep for clarification on the model you are intrested in.

Also, I think there is smaller models of this type of humidifier. Seems like this might be over kill for your humidor if it wont fit standing up. (3.4 inches tall) This model is meant to humidify 8 cubic feet.

Edit: Guess I was a little late on the answer.

PM Rammer
  • Options
    My humidor is a 300 count multi shelf and layer humidor. Its not 8 cubic feet, but close. I have been having humidity problems and not being able to keep the humidity up. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    I think the bottom of the humidifier is a water cartridge which I dont think is a sealed unit. I wouldnt think you could lay it on it's side. You could always email a rep for clarification on the model you are intrested in.

Also, I think there is smaller models of this type of humidifier. Seems like this might be over kill for your humidor if it wont fit standing up. (3.4 inches tall) This model is meant to humidify 8 cubic feet.

Edit: Guess I was a little late on the answer.

PM Rammer
    im assuming it's close too a very small one!! Your right in a way this person has gone overboard!! Personally this person didn't season the humi and damn wants a overkill for mold!! Let me guess 70/70?? Yup problems right there
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Rammer13:
    My humidor is a 300 count multi shelf and layer humidor. Its not 8 cubic feet, but close. I have been having humidity problems and not being able to keep the humidity up. Any suggestions?
    Pictures? I can visualize a humidor that is that big but not big enough to fit the humidifier. Like Lee says, you might want to try re-seasoning your humidor.
  • Options
    I bought a Cigar Oasis. It humidified the cigars beautifully but overdid it it to the point of starting up some minor mould issues. I have just converted to beads, I think a fan in a confined space is just too much.

I would place beads or boveda packs in strategic places to ensure even coverage and I think that would do the job.
  • Options
    ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    Years ago I also had a cigar oasis that came free with a cabinet. I got rid of it after a couple of months. It tended to over humidfy like yours. I have a desktop humi that holds over 250 cigars and I use SAP (Gel) beads that I hydrate with distilled water and once a year with a 50/50 water pg solution. Gel beads, foam and especially the Oasis can be prone to mold unless you sometimes use a 50/50. This thread pretty well covers seasoning humidors, and using silica beads.